Bluff Point State Park and Coastal Reserve Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Bluff Point State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Bluff Point State Park and Coastal Reserve Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Groton, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for fishing, hiking, mountain biking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jessica Patterson (96)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Easy walk on trails. Perfect for families. There's restrooms at the start of the trail and another 1/2 way through the loop.

Sean Berry (351)

16 Completed9 Reviews

I wasn't expecting much out of this trail but was surprised. Yes its an easy walk that anyone can do but there are other trails that lead off the path and are excellent. I was the only one walking out on the paths lest traveled and enjoyed it more. I saw a few mountain bikers. The paths are excellent.

Jennifer Hudacek (86)

8 Completed3 Reviews

easy walk and nice scenery. Can get very crowded

Hemanta Sharma (222)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Nice and easy 4 mile hike. Went there with my 10 year old daughter and she enjoyed it. Good for cycling, fishing and horse riding.

Owen Stanfield (88)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Gary Disher (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice easy walk. Good views of beach, fishers Island and North fork of long Island. Not terribly crowded. Easy, wide main trail with some narrow side trails. Didn't see a lot of wildlife especially by the water. More forest birds.

A pleasant day and worth while walk.

Dana Joy (248)

10 Completed8 Reviews

Very pretty park but don't expect a great hike. Most of the trails are flat.

Oneira Maldonado (69)

1 Completed1 Reviews

To many people, was bummed.

April H. (177)

I love it here and so does my dog but someone should really do something about all the dogs that are there off leash. There's a giant sign that states they must be on leash and a lot of them aren't and they run free. My dog doesn't like other dogs and I always keep her on leash but the other dogs just run right up to meet her and it doesn't always end well. I know my dog and that's why I keep her contained but I can't do anything about them and with their dogs being off leash and mine leashed it makes my dog even more anxious.

Audrey S. (162)