Shingle Creek Trail: Pine Island East Loop

#1 of 1 trails in Shingle Creek

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Located within the hustle and bustle of urban Orlando, Shingle Creek provides a good look at the initial headwaters of the Everglades ecosystem. It's a great place to bike, hike, fish, kayak, canoe, and see wildlife. Canoe boat ramp available.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sheiny Hernandez (43)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing. I come here all the time and the people are always fun as well.

Luis Castillo (236)

3 Completed3 Reviews

this is an update on the trail...
the trail is flooded out on many parts make some areas unpassable due to all the rain, and some of the bridges are washed out... needs some repairs.

Juli Serna (139)

Awesome easy trail

Julia Cabanos (52)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was my very first trail hike and I enjoyed it very much. We used the trail entrance by the middle school and followed the trail along 417. I def plan on going back.

Sandra Arenas (213)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Luis Castillo (236)

3 Completed3 Reviews

this is my first trail and me and my family love it... we ride our mountain bikes thru the flats and trails... non stop fun and excitement plus get great views of wildlife... other reviews on here seem to be on point! so grab your helmet, water bottle, and be ready for anything lol

Carla Webb (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

First time on the trail, I used the Marriott Grande Vista trailhead off International Drive. Although this entrance is property of the Shingle Creek Management area (and not Marriott), the trail is probably only 1/4 to 1/2 mile and then stops. Signs then direct hikers to turn around and go back to the entrance. The trail was fairly wet and the golf course was in sight at all times. Unless I missed something, this does not appear to be part of the extended trail. I will try another trailhead and provide another update.

Alvin Olavarrieta (74)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Shingle Creek is a nice trail for mountain biking.

Wesley Cordero (57)

nice place

Michael Casey (72)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Pretty good dose of nature given the suburban location. We encountered a good bit of wildlife on our short excursion, including a couple small gators, a river otter, turtles, a water mocassin, and plenty of white ibis, great blue herons, and egrets. We started at the trail head behind Hunters Creek Middle School. There are now signs at the road directing you to trail parking which is in the same place as the school's bus entrance. Just past the trail head you'll walk across a bridge to the other side of the creek. The trail continues north along the side of the creek for about 1/4 mile, until you come to a power line clearing. We followed the power lines west to East Pine Loop and stopped at the first picnic area there for lunch. Our route ended up being about 2.5 miles round trip. The trail was pretty well marked, and the terrain is easy so long as it's dry. Only downside is the eyesore of the power lines/man-made drainage, and a bit of litter and graffiti near the trail head. Watch out for snakes and poison ivy.

Support