The Yearling Trail

FL

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

The Yearling Trail is a 6 mile trail located in the state of Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Astor, FL: Travel west along State Highway 40 approximately 5 miles. Turn right (north) onto FL 19 and go about 6 miles north. The trail entrance is on the left side of the road across from Silver Glen Springs entrance.

Florida Office of Visitor Inquiry, Division of Tourism, 126 W. Van Buren Street , Tallahassee, FL, 32399-2000, Phone: 904-487-1462

Person_placeholder

N/A:

6 Completed 6 Reviews

Nice hike, mostly flat, and sandy. Saw birds but but liked the grave site, sink hole, and you don't run across a cattle dip for the 1900's just everyday. Did track home some sand spurs on the bottom my shoes. Recommend long nylon pants to cut down on the sand spur issue - worked for me.

Person_placeholder

N/A:

6 Completed 6 Reviews

Much of the year, this trail can be called the Sandspur Trail, because they cover the area. Not a challenging hike; the area is flat, but nice and quiet. Some of the area was recovering from fire that occurred during the summer drought. I didn't see much wildlife during the hike, but I was there to enjoy the hike, and I did. On the trail, there are a couple of junctions with the florida Trail. I only had about three hours, so I didn't follow the Florida trail very far. Overall, a great hike.

Support