Blood Mountain Trail

#1 of 6 trails in Vogel State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Blood Mountain Trail is a 7.2 mile loop trail located near Blairsville, Georgia that features a great forest setting. The trail is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen and primarily used for camping & hiking and is accessible Spring or Fall. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Dustin T. (69)

Nina Sutherland (266)

6 Completed2 Reviews

Elliott Walker (173)

8 Completed8 Reviews

One of my favorite hikes. I've done it many times. Love the views

Nick Hindmon (192)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great for a day hike, the easy side is easy and very pretty.

Emily Tahoe (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was a great day hike. It was a good hike for our dog. We started at B.H. Reece Trail and then took the AT to beautiful views. There were many great places to have lunch with a view near the Blood Mountain shelter. We continued on the AT and then turned on Freeman Trail which took us back to B.H. Reece Trail. It was a great loop and was about 7 miles round trip.

Olivia Anderson (69)

12 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Neill Beurskens (510)

16 Completed14 Reviews

Great hike - in spring you'll definitely run into AT thru-hikers, which is nice if you want to ponder tackling a 2200 mile hike in the future.

Shelly White (266)

12 Completed11 Reviews

One of my all-time favorite hikes! Can't wait until the weather cooperates and we can get back to it. It is pretty challenging but I love scrambling over rocks, etc. Made a great day hike and very good views from the top. Very well marked...if you remember to look up, down, and all around for blazes. We missed one and wondered off the trail for a bit (followed by a thru-hiker unfortunate enough to have mistaken us as somebone who knew where they were going). Retracing our steps, and looking DOWN it was clearly marked on the rocks!

Allison Hatch (101)

5 Completed1 Reviews

My idea of a perfect hike with incredible views, only way it could get better if there was a waterfall. I've been here in the snow, rain, and on sunny days and I have never had a bad time.

Julia R. (50)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Difficult, but not so much to detract from the beauty of the vistas. Make sure you at least bring a day pack, as during February snacks and extra layers may become necessary. Wind-resistant clothing doesn't hurt either.

Support