Laurel Ridge Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Tri-County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Laurel Ridge Trail is a moderate 4 mile loop located at Buford Dam near Buford, Georgia. The trail is primarily used for Hiking and is accessible year-round. Laurel ridge has two sections: A 2 mile stretch on the river ends when you cross the road to start a 2 mile stretch on the lake side.

Picture?width=50&height=50

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Beautiful view beats my elliptical runner any day. So many natural wonders to enjoy.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Beautiful, well marked trail...only negative is the no pet policy.

Picture?width=50&height=50

8 Completed 6 Reviews

May have been just the right time, but had an awesome experience on this trail with my 16 year old daughter. The trail itself was moderate in difficulty, great condition, and we thought all the little bridges and walkways was a nice touch. The only real drawback was coming up on parking lots and crossing the street a couple times (but this is dam territory). The real glory we found on this specific journey was at least 6 deer scattered throughout the trail (one pair was a fawn and doe that stayed close for a few minutes) and even caught eye of a copperhead swimming in a stream as we watched from one of the bridges. Very little trail traffic, and the ones we did come across were cool people just out to exercise and take in nature.

Icon_a648adbae917c8e8a802ca4e3ddcdec8

4 Completed 3 Reviews

I went on this with my and it is so much fun. It is not terribly difficult. It is really pretty and it has wood walks that was made by a boy scout troops. It is a good exercise. Not to much of it is uphill but watch out for roots and branches and rocks. Have fun if you go on it.

4 Completed 3 Reviews

Decent trail considering high nearby population. Too many man-made structures throughout the trail for my taste. However, it's tough to beat its close proximity for residents of Forsyth and/or Gwinnett County. Choose the Indian Seats Trail at Sawnee Mountain instead.

13 Completed 13 Reviews

I did this trail with my 8 year old son and he had no problem with it - a bit tired maybe toward the end. Parking is on the right after you cross over the dam. You'll see the trailhead on the left as you drive to the parking area. Follow the blazes and you can't get lost. It will take you a couple of hours or more. A fun hike in Buford/Cumming.

5 Completed 3 Reviews

Well marked and cleared trail. I took my 10 year old son and his friend on it and they did fine, although tired towards the end. I will agree that the parking lots take away from the hike, but it's close to home so I will probably go back. Lightly traveled on the day we went. No dogs:(

15 Completed 5 Reviews

Nice hike, great views, diverse, moderate trail.

Icon_9af72da7ca24bb7c3f425365205c1134

1 Completed 1 Reviews

The trial is really nice except for a few eye sores along the way such as parking lots and pavilions. Beyond that the trail if fun to walk, almost entirely shaded, and strenuous enough in some places to get some good exercise while not crushing yourself physically. There are some nice creeks on the path and some walk offs that offer nice views of the lake. I was able to hike it comfortably, stopping to take pictures along the way, in an hour and forty five minutes.

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Get a map and there are little sites along the way. Very beautiful views of lake Lanier and Chattahoochee River if you time it right you can watch the dam let out every day at 4:55pm.

Support