Laurel Ridge Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Tri-County Park
Laurel Ridge Trail is a moderate 4 mile loop located at Buford Dam near Buford, Georgia. The trail is primarily used for Hiking and is accessible year-round. Laurel ridge has two sections: A 2 mile stretch on the river ends when you cross the road to start a 2 mile stretch on the lake side.

3.8 miles Loop
fishing hiking trail running lake river wild flowers
Hide Map

Rick Castleberry

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice views of Lake Lanier and Chatahoochie River. Great up close feel for how big Buford Dam really is. Close to Cumming, so it is easy to get in a good walk when you are in a hurry.

Michael Francis

12 Completed7 Reviews

Alex Mallis

3 Completed3 Reviews

Christine M.

Took my boys aged 9 and 8 on this hike. It is a nice hike. One point we got confused where the trail continued once we hit the parking lot. But finally figured it out. That was my only issue. But a great hike for all ages.

Red Fields

7 Completed2 Reviews

Great beginner/moderate trail near the water. There were a lot of places to stop if needed and there are some areas very heavy wooded in such a populated area. Look forward to doing it again.

MaryGrace A.

This was very extraneous but worth the time bc of the scenery and it was a good workout hike.

Mark Swain

3 Completed4 Reviews

Nice trail for a run or hike

William Bradford

5 Completed1 Reviews

This is my go-to trail for morning hikes; just a short walk from my home. Several different eco-systems to view along the trail, along with abundant wildlife, particularly songbirds. I see deer from time to time. Most of the trail is well shaded, so it's a nice hike even in warmer weather. Not crowded; feels very private 7-10am most any day.

Marsha Johnson Davis

16 Completed12 Reviews

Great trial since it's literally at my back door. This 4 mile hike offers just enough climb to create a challenge in the otherwise easy to walk trail. The trail winds mostly through wooded terrain with a short yet worthy stroll along the Hooch just below the dam, which leads to beautiful views of Lake Lanier.

Debbie Hoffman

1 Completed1 Reviews

Met and friend at the Lower Dam parking lot and hiked this trail. It was a great hike, nice trail, little streams with tiny waterfalls. All in all, very nice! The only thing, about 45 minutes into it we came upon a parking lot on our right and a small open area on our left and then there was the road. We couldn't figure out what to do, so we ended up turning around and going out the way we came in. Still a great hike/walking trail.