Laurel Ridge Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in Buford Dam Park
true
Laurel Ridge Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buford, GA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

kid friendly birding fishing hiking nature trips trail running walking lake river views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Laurel Ridge Trail is a moderate 4 mile loop located at Buford Dam near Buford, Georgia. The trail is primarily used for Hiking and is accessible year-round. Laurel ridge has two sections: A 2 mile stretch on the river ends when you cross the road to start a 2 mile stretch on the lake side.

Shana Stott

1 Completed0 Reviews

Shana Stott

1 Completed0 Reviews

I ran this trail today foe the first time and got lost several times. if you cross the road from the parking lot and follow the trail you come to parking lot which is confusing . go right and follow the sidewalk. you will see the little hiker and the white spots on the trees . (to the left ) you will come to another parking lot . walk across , bathrooms to your right , you go down a little incline and then at the end go left . if you go right you will go to the beach and that's the wrong way . I hope this helps . it was a really pretty run otherwise! !

Emory Davis

21 Completed13 Reviews

Nice

Benjamin Hill

3 Completed0 Reviews

Alison Delaney

37 Completed5 Reviews

An utterly delightful trail; not too awful crowded and just long enough to get in a good walk without getting yourself too tired.

Kattie Williams

19 Completed0 Reviews

Steve Carter

1 Completed1 Reviews

Muddy and flooded today, but usually awesome

Rick Castleberry

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice views of Lake Lanier and Chatahoochie River. Great up close feel for how big Buford Dam really is. Close to Cumming, so it is easy to get in a good walk when you are in a hurry.

Michael Francis

12 Completed7 Reviews

Alex Mallis

4 Completed6 Reviews

Christine M.

Took my boys aged 9 and 8 on this hike. It is a nice hike. One point we got confused where the trail continued once we hit the parking lot. But finally figured it out. That was my only issue. But a great hike for all ages.

Red Fields

6 Completed2 Reviews

Great beginner/moderate trail near the water. There were a lot of places to stop if needed and there are some areas very heavy wooded in such a populated area. Look forward to doing it again.

MaryGrace A.

This was very extraneous but worth the time bc of the scenery and it was a good workout hike.

Mark Swain

3 Completed4 Reviews

Nice trail for a run or hike

William Bradford

5 Completed1 Reviews

This is my go-to trail for morning hikes; just a short walk from my home. Several different eco-systems to view along the trail, along with abundant wildlife, particularly songbirds. I see deer from time to time. Most of the trail is well shaded, so it's a nice hike even in warmer weather. Not crowded; feels very private 7-10am most any day.

Marsha Johnson Davis

16 Completed12 Reviews

Great trial since it's literally at my back door. This 4 mile hike offers just enough climb to create a challenge in the otherwise easy to walk trail. The trail winds mostly through wooded terrain with a short yet worthy stroll along the Hooch just below the dam, which leads to beautiful views of Lake Lanier.

Debbie Hoffman

1 Completed1 Reviews

Met and friend at the Lower Dam parking lot and hiked this trail. It was a great hike, nice trail, little streams with tiny waterfalls. All in all, very nice! The only thing, about 45 minutes into it we came upon a parking lot on our right and a small open area on our left and then there was the road. We couldn't figure out what to do, so we ended up turning around and going out the way we came in. Still a great hike/walking trail.

Andrew Welch

7 Completed1 Reviews

I love this trail. I moved to Cumming from Cashiers, NC by way of Rabun County, GA. This trail is not even close to anything you could find up there but it does have a little bit of everything that I miss from the mountains and it is literally 3 minutes from our house. It has rolling hills, challenging climbs, excellent scenery and an abundance of wild life. I run 2 or 3 loops there every couple of weeks and am never disappointed. I have actually never run there and not seen deer. Good times...

Jane Buchanan

10 Completed7 Reviews

1/2 in the wetlands, well bridged by the eagle scouts. 1/2 moderate up and down along the Chattahoochee. Dont miss the amazing view of the dam off the metal bridge, would love to view a water release. Markings sometimes vague in recreational use areas, keep looking for the white, and had a difficult time finding off season parking for the trail.
Non summer months use Lower Overlook Parking for access. Other areas are closed. Free parking too.

Kristen White

1 Completed1 Reviews

LOVED IT!! Beautiful views, moderate hike. Even on a cool day in October, it'll warm you right up! :)