Laurel Ridge Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Tri-County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Laurel Ridge Trail is a moderate 4 mile loop located at Buford Dam near Buford, Georgia. The trail is primarily used for Hiking and is accessible year-round. Laurel ridge has two sections: A 2 mile stretch on the river ends when you cross the road to start a 2 mile stretch on the lake side.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

William Bradford (204)

5 Completed1 Reviews

This is my go-to trail for morning hikes; just a short walk from my home. Several different eco-systems to view along the trail, along with abundant wildlife, particularly songbirds. I see deer from time to time. Most of the trail is well shaded, so it's a nice hike even in warmer weather. Not crowded; feels very private 7-10am most any day.

Marsha Johnson Davis (480)

10 Completed8 Reviews

Great trial since it's literally at my back door. This 4 mile hike offers just enough climb to create a challenge in the otherwise easy to walk trail. The trail winds mostly through wooded terrain with a short yet worthy stroll along the Hooch just below the dam, which leads to beautiful views of Lake Lanier.

Debbie Hoffman (67)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Met and friend at the Lower Dam parking lot and hiked this trail. It was a great hike, nice trail, little streams with tiny waterfalls. All in all, very nice! The only thing, about 45 minutes into it we came upon a parking lot on our right and a small open area on our left and then there was the road. We couldn't figure out what to do, so we ended up turning around and going out the way we came in. Still a great hike/walking trail.

Andrew Welch (184)

7 Completed1 Reviews

I love this trail. I moved to Cumming from Cashiers, NC by way of Rabun County, GA. This trail is not even close to anything you could find up there but it does have a little bit of everything that I miss from the mountains and it is literally 3 minutes from our house. It has rolling hills, challenging climbs, excellent scenery and an abundance of wild life. I run 2 or 3 loops there every couple of weeks and am never disappointed. I have actually never run there and not seen deer. Good times...

Jane Buchanan (227)

8 Completed4 Reviews

1/2 in the wetlands, well bridged by the eagle scouts. 1/2 moderate up and down along the Chattahoochee. Dont miss the amazing view of the dam off the metal bridge, would love to view a water release. Markings sometimes vague in recreational use areas, keep looking for the white, and had a difficult time finding off season parking for the trail.
Non summer months use Lower Overlook Parking for access. Other areas are closed. Free parking too.

Kristen White (63)

1 Completed1 Reviews

LOVED IT!! Beautiful views, moderate hike. Even on a cool day in October, it'll warm you right up! :)

Jason Chaney (109)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Moderate / Kid friendly /

Tiffany F. (967)

Oh, man. I loved this trail. The 3.8 miles is by no means difficult. There are times where the ascents will have your heart rate climbing, but the majority of the hike is level and easy. The views are spectacular! We saw a huge turtle in the lake off of one of the observation decks. Twice the size of a dinner plate, easily. The trail was quiet as far as people are concerned. I only passed one other couple, an elderly couple who was turning around as it was a bit too difficult for them. I could hear traffic throughout the majority of the hike and that was, of course, a bit of a downside. However, I entirely understand it. This is a beautiful place to visit. Four stars because of the noise.

Dawn Ham-Kucharski (489)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful view beats my elliptical runner any day. So many natural wonders to enjoy.

Tricia Workman (41)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful, well marked trail...only negative is the no pet policy.

Support