Laurel Ridge Trail

#1 of 2 trails in Tri-County Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Laurel Ridge Trail is a moderate 4 mile loop located at Buford Dam near Buford, Georgia. The trail is primarily used for Hiking and is accessible year-round. Laurel ridge has two sections: A 2 mile stretch on the river ends when you cross the road to start a 2 mile stretch on the lake side.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Red Fields (161)

7 Completed2 Reviews

Great beginner/moderate trail near the water. There were a lot of places to stop if needed and there are some areas very heavy wooded in such a populated area. Look forward to doing it again.

MaryGrace A. (65)

This was very extraneous but worth the time bc of the scenery and it was a good workout hike.

Mark Swain (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice trail for a run or hike

William Bradford (206)

5 Completed1 Reviews

This is my go-to trail for morning hikes; just a short walk from my home. Several different eco-systems to view along the trail, along with abundant wildlife, particularly songbirds. I see deer from time to time. Most of the trail is well shaded, so it's a nice hike even in warmer weather. Not crowded; feels very private 7-10am most any day.

Marsha Johnson Davis (601)

16 Completed12 Reviews

Great trial since it's literally at my back door. This 4 mile hike offers just enough climb to create a challenge in the otherwise easy to walk trail. The trail winds mostly through wooded terrain with a short yet worthy stroll along the Hooch just below the dam, which leads to beautiful views of Lake Lanier.

Debbie Hoffman (67)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Met and friend at the Lower Dam parking lot and hiked this trail. It was a great hike, nice trail, little streams with tiny waterfalls. All in all, very nice! The only thing, about 45 minutes into it we came upon a parking lot on our right and a small open area on our left and then there was the road. We couldn't figure out what to do, so we ended up turning around and going out the way we came in. Still a great hike/walking trail.

Andrew Welch (224)

7 Completed1 Reviews

I love this trail. I moved to Cumming from Cashiers, NC by way of Rabun County, GA. This trail is not even close to anything you could find up there but it does have a little bit of everything that I miss from the mountains and it is literally 3 minutes from our house. It has rolling hills, challenging climbs, excellent scenery and an abundance of wild life. I run 2 or 3 loops there every couple of weeks and am never disappointed. I have actually never run there and not seen deer. Good times...

Jane Buchanan (338)

9 Completed5 Reviews

1/2 in the wetlands, well bridged by the eagle scouts. 1/2 moderate up and down along the Chattahoochee. Dont miss the amazing view of the dam off the metal bridge, would love to view a water release. Markings sometimes vague in recreational use areas, keep looking for the white, and had a difficult time finding off season parking for the trail.
Non summer months use Lower Overlook Parking for access. Other areas are closed. Free parking too.

Kristen White (63)

1 Completed1 Reviews

LOVED IT!! Beautiful views, moderate hike. Even on a cool day in October, it'll warm you right up! :)

Jason Chaney (109)