Tallulah Gorge Trail

EASY
#1 of 3 trails in Tallulah Gorge State Park
l>
Tallulah Gorge Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Lakemont, GA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Hide Map

Greg Higgins

2 Completed2 Reviews

This a terrific family hike. We did it with three generations (from 6 to 65). The view of the gorge is spectacular and unlike any other view nearby. Because of the park, it also has fabulous facilities and a small museum.

Tim Allen

3 Completed4 Reviews

Great time with friends on the trail.

Bailey Kreinbrink

3 Completed1 Reviews

Éire Shamrock

8 Completed8 Reviews

This is by far one of my favorite family hikes! Off the grid? No. Is there off the grid hiking in Tallulah outside the state park? Yes! I loved this hike! The scenery is literally second to none. If you plan on climbing however, make sure you call the day you plan on going because the rangers seem to make up their minds per the hour. Lol! Easy to moderate hike. I only say moderate because those stairs brought out the Rocky Balboa in me and trust me, even for a seasoned hiker like me you feel accomplished! Many views of the gorge, cascading and tumbling waterfalls... just gorgeous!

Jeffrey Rosenberger

19 Completed5 Reviews

This is a fun trail for the family. We also camped over night and were close to a near by bear siting. I recommend this hike, but put some time in on your stair master prior.

Allan Ballard

4 Completed3 Reviews

Great hiking and beautiful Scenery! hiked with my sister, son, and daughter. Great weather . Lots of stairs and they were a little harder than I thought they would be. we had a wonderful time.

Bryan Nixon

17 Completed18 Reviews

Justin Young

13 Completed1 Reviews

Probably the nicest and well maintained trails I've been on in Georgia. it was clean, simple and rewarding. if you are looking for rugged/off the grid, this isn't the spot. But if you have family in town or a place to explore with kids, this is a great spot in Northeast Ga.

Alicia Schmitt

3 Completed3 Reviews

Reggie Lewis

1 Completed1 Reviews

Just did the trek down and back and WOW it is a fun experience just make sure you're in good health and have good shoes as it can get hard at parts especially coming back up!