CLOSED: Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven)

Honolulu, HI

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

A powerful storm passed over the island of Oahu on 2/14/2015 which caused significant damage to the stairway, rendering them unusable. After the storm damage, five hikers got stuck on the east side of the mountain's ridge and were trapped overnight and had to be rescued.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Estreya Torres (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I would like to do it this weekend if anyone is going please let me know if I can tag along! estreyatorres@yahoo.com.

Justin Ng (57)

1 Completed3 Reviews

I am going to be in Honolulu sept 22-26, currently have 4 people hiking, please send me an email so I can confirm a date and time! Justinng_@live.com

Colby Bill (96)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I'd love to hike this trail! Looking for a group to join! I'll be there the 17-20th of sept! Any tips or advice would be helpful to! Please email me! colbythenavajo@live.com

Katrina Kuizon (58)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Anyone doing this hike Monday Aug 31 or Tuesday Sept 1? I heard it's actually better to do it in the afternoon/early evening to avoid the guards. Any thoughts?

Cameron Roper (46)

Hi everyone
There is 4 of us doing the hike on the 6th, if anyone wants to join let me know at cameron.roper@hotmail.com.
Cheers

Daisy Tenecela (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I would love to be part of this hiking experience. I will be there from sept 19-22
If you have a group I could join? Email me please
Dtenecela@hotmail.com

Cameron Roper (46)

Hi Guys

I will be in Honolulu from the 6th to the 9th of September and would love to do the hike with someone. Let me know at cameron.roper@hotmail.com

Cheers Cameron

Bobby Otero (176)

1 Completed7 Reviews

This hikee was the most awesome hike i ever done, we didn't go up the stairs, we went up the ridge side and then down the stairs. Which is a little more rough going up but easy coming down. What ever you do when you come down the stairs make sure you exit right, the guard will tell you to exit to your left butt do not listen to him, he tells you that to get you to a dead-end so you can turn around. So by that time there will be police there to hand you a ticket. If you have any questions regarding this hike you can email me at Bobbyrotero@yahoo.com. I just want everyone to experience it. It is well worth it. The Ridgeside can be very dangerous.

Freco Tsun (46)

1 Completed2 Reviews

My email is peridot902@yahoo.com. Please let me know if I can join any of you guys on the hike. Thanks!

Freco Tsun (46)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Hi guys! I will be on the island till the 26th. I would love to do this hike. Anyone up for it??

Support