CLOSED: Haiku Stairs (Stairway To Heaven)

Honolulu, HI

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

A powerful storm passed over the island of Oahu on 2/14/2015 which caused significant damage to the stairway, rendering them unusable. After the storm damage, five hikers got stuck on the east side of the mountain's ridge and were trapped overnight and had to be rescued.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kellie Blanford-Crenshaw (76)

1 Completed0 Reviews

My husband I would like to hike this trail. We will be there August 23 - 26, 2015. If anyone can help or knows someone that can go with us let me know. kmcrenshaw1@yahoo.com.

Ola Trzcińska (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hey im staying in Waikiki till 4th July, would love to join someone to do the Haiku stairs

Kelsey Carter (76)

Hi All,
Am staying in Waikiki & would love to do this hike before I leave on the afternoon of 6 July. Is anyone doing this that I could tag along with?

I do have other activities planned for the morning of the 30th June & the 1st July.

Email is: kelsey_cherrie23@yahoo.com

Kyle Innes (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My friend and I would like to do this hike for sunrise on June 30th, we are only on ohau for a day before going to the big island. We don't have any form of transport except bus and taxi, and the bus doesn't run early enough for sunset. Is there anyone who is wanting to do this hike that could help us out with a ride? we will chip in for fuel.
email: K_innes25@hotmail.com

Len Whiteside (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

The haiku stairs are simply amazing, don't be discouraged by the section that is broken it is very small and on a flat section. we left very early in the morning 3 a.m. and made it to the second platform very quickly. most amazing view I have had on the island. keep in mind that this hike is illegal and you can get in a great amount of trouble. we were in fact stopped by the police however he said he was too busy to write us tickets.

Telma Fleming (36)

Ra Ka (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My partner and I are interested in doing this with anyone else?? We are here in Waikiki now until 29th and go to Maui until 3rd then return until 8th. Email me ishoa1@hotmail.com

Michael Sutton (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Will be on oahu from the 7th of july to the 28th. Will be traveling alone and would love to do this hike. dont really wanna do it alone as it could potentially be dangerous. email me and let me know your plans. suttonm09@Yahoo.com

Ryan Samson (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Will be in Oahu the 10 of August to the 30th. Anyone willing to go with me rgsamson89 gmail.com

P Farnswor (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Will be in Honolulu July 2nd. Anyone hiking up Haiku?

Support