hamama falls

Kaneohe, HI
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

hamama falls is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Kaneohe, Hawaii that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Icon_

57 Completed 18 Reviews

Its a pleasant walk to the first fall but I wonder if we are trespassing on Board of water supply land.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

enjoyed this hike with the waterfall at the end. We parked on a residential street and the gate sign made us think it was closed but it was easy to go around through an opening in the fence after we saw other people on their way out. It was quite an incline a couple of time in the last third of the trail. Glad we had water and mosquito repellent. gravel trail was really easy to walk on and follow throughout. it appears that the falls generate a water source for the town due to many pump stations along the trail.

Icon_54a4f50810b5b393d760d0c54a2834b6

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Nice little hike up a gravel road. Plenty of splinter trails to explore. I look forward to going up again.

4 Completed 2 Reviews

Took my wife and friends that are not hikers. It's a gravel road. Everyone had a great time. Beautiful view going up and falls at the end.

15 Completed 1 Reviews

Awesome chill hike! Took my girl and my dog. The home was easy and can be done in about an hour round trip. The swimming home is rather small, but the waterfall is definitely worth checking out. One of my new favorite hikes and is very dog friendly.

Person_placeholder

3 Completed 2 Reviews

loved it

5 Completed 1 Reviews

Good hike. I took my 3 kids ages 5,3,2 years old. They completed by themselves for the most part but it was raining bad so it got completely muddy. Wear clothes you don't mind getting really dirty if it rains. Same with shoes.

Icon_

13 Completed 1 Reviews

This hike was mostly easy but there is a steep incline at one point and a steady incline about halfway thru. If you have a toddler I recommend a hiking pack or don't bring them. Bring water, it gets humid and hot. The falls are beautiful and the views are great.

10 Completed 7 Reviews

Easy hike (: I recommend doing it!! Even though it's easy, remember to bring water! It has a slight incline (hills) toward the end. You basically walk on a road the whole time, so you won't get lost as long as you stay on the road. The waterfall is beautiful at the end!! It's not deep enough to swim in, but you can stand in the waterfall to cool off (: this hike is definitely good for families!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This nature walk is beautiful. It's great for families with small youngins. I would even go as far as bringing people in wheelchairs just so they can enjoy nature. It's nicely graveled. It's just amazing to be able to appreciate nature

Support