Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

hamama falls is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Kaneohe, Hawaii that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kathryn K. (158)

You have to enter through a cut fence- or perhaps there is a different entrance point we didn't see- but there are also signs that it is not open to the public and you can be fined. There is a dammed up pool about .25 miles in which has clearly been enjoyed by some locals for partying as there were beer cans laying around. Once we moved past that, the trail is nicely clear with a well groomed gravel/dirt path up to the falls. The falls are pretty and it was overall a nice, fairly moderate to easy hike.

Steve Hab. (273)

6 Completed2 Reviews

A lot of fun! I would suggest trying to go early in the morning to beat the traffic and when it's dry. If you go when it's wet, be prepared to fall. Also, if you're slow on the trail and someone faster comes up behind you, have common sense and move.

Tracey Menten (247)

3 Completed3 Reviews

This "paved" hike followed a wide path and for the most part was easy walking. However there were a few stretches where the incline was a bit steep & since it had just rained, it was slick, but really the only danger is falling on your bum. You're not hiking a narrow, dangerous path at all. It was cloudy when we walked it, but there is not a lot of cover most of the way up, so if it's sunny, be sure to bring water & a hat. Bug spray is a must. The views are green, green, & more green & the waterfall at the end is really beautiful.

Kathryn W. (468)

Nice paved hike with great waterfall at the end.

Cord Browning (97)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Fun for me and my dog

Abigail Engler (130)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful views! Super easy, enjoyable, pet and kid friendly hike. There are tree caves to explore and a swimming hole. Just bring bug repellent! My friend got eaten alive!

Danielle Christensen (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was pretty easy. The waterfall at the end was worth it! So beautiful!

SN Luis Sanchez (132)

2 Completed1 Reviews

It was amazing and it's usually doesn't have that many people.

Christy Boswell (63)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome. My 4 yr old did it without a problem.

Aubrey Planitz (230)

10 Completed10 Reviews

I absolutely loved this trail. I isn't the hardest but it was really cool. We do most of our hikes wicked early this trip and had the falls to ourselves for a while when we got there. Saw plenty of people on the way back. A few with kids and dogs.
This trail is pretty easy. A good portion of it is in the sun, so be sure to bring water!

Support