Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

hamama falls is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Kaneohe, Hawaii that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Samantha Barros (43)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Just went today!!!! Amazing hike, would for sure go again!! A little steep at some parts but the waterfall at the end is sooo worth it!!! Perfect for kids and pets! Good running work out!

Carla Gosline (195)

10 Completed2 Reviews

Great family hike. My kids, 4 and 9, loved it. It was a little steep near the end, but they did great and loved it. Take water and bug spray. Path is wide and well maintained. There is a swimming spot about 10-15 minutes before you get to the actually falls.

Thomas Delano (78)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice easy hike. Parked in residential neighborhood and hiked up to waterfall on gravel road. Some parts of trail get muddy, not too bad though. bring insects repellent and water.

Aaron S. (297)

Nice hike with a gentle slope, jumping in the falls at the end is a pleasant reward.

Puss Small Boots (7454)

70 Completed43 Reviews

Its a pleasant walk to the first fall but I wonder if we are trespassing on Board of water supply land.

Farrell Dalsing (106)

2 Completed1 Reviews

enjoyed this hike with the waterfall at the end. We parked on a residential street and the gate sign made us think it was closed but it was easy to go around through an opening in the fence after we saw other people on their way out. It was quite an incline a couple of time in the last third of the trail. Glad we had water and mosquito repellent. gravel trail was really easy to walk on and follow throughout. it appears that the falls generate a water source for the town due to many pump stations along the trail.

Corey Hurd (152)

7 Completed5 Reviews

Nice little hike up a gravel road. Plenty of splinter trails to explore. I look forward to going up again.

Chris Miramontes (654)

14 Completed7 Reviews

Took my wife and friends that are not hikers. It's a gravel road. Everyone had a great time. Beautiful view going up and falls at the end.

Alex Yee (90)

14 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome chill hike! Took my girl and my dog. The home was easy and can be done in about an hour round trip. The swimming home is rather small, but the waterfall is definitely worth checking out. One of my new favorite hikes and is very dog friendly.

Cristina Flaherty (99)