Bear Creek Hot Springs

#1 of 20 trails in Caribou National Forest
Bear Creek Hot Springs is a 15 mile out and back trail located near Irwin, Idaho that features hot springs. The trail is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen and primarily used for hiking.

15.0 miles Out & Back 1200 feet
hiking hot springs
Hide Map

Erik Snider

3 Completed2 Reviews

Great hot spring and hike. We were fortunate to have the camp ground to our selves over night, Friday before Labor Day. On the way out we saw about 12 people on horses heading in. There is a fresh water spring nearby as well. I've included a link of our maps. We had quite an adventure getting there, but it was well worth it. There were 15 water crossings about 12 were calf deep.

Rob Harding

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked this with a group of scouts. Saw a river otter on the way up. Great trail conditions. Had several river crossings so take sandals. The last push up to the hot springs was difficult. Calves still sore three days after. Hot springs were nice but after hiking straight up was too hot to sit in but the runoff into a cold spring was perfect. Large camping area by springs but heavily used and lots of trash. Overall a great hike.

Josh Skinner

3 Completed2 Reviews

I have hiked and dirt biked this trail. I love it! Dirt bike route keeps you out of the creek which is nice. Now I just need to MTN bike it :)

Chant Mason

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail! Take a fishing pole. Awesome hot tub at end of hike! Perfect place to camp! hard to find for first timers must cross creek 7 or 8 times. Can get deep. we take horses and it still makes for long days! lots of wildlife we've seen moose elk deer and mountain lion! Dog friendly. also excess able by a motorcycle!