Mineral Ridge Loop

#1 of 32 trails in coeur d alene national forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mineral Ridge Loop is a 3.3 mile loop trail located near (Beauty Bay) the east end of Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & nature trips and is accessible from March until November.

9 Completed 10 Reviews

Picture?width=50&height=50

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Excellent for young and old alke. Great views from the top! Lots of wildflowers. Nature brochure was helpful.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Great starter hike with rewarding views. Trail is well maintained with nice rest benches along the way. Photo opps aplenty.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Pretty easy, quick, gorgeous viewpoints!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This is a great hike to start off the season. Took the kids, and it was a wonderful history lesson which they discovered 22 points of interest. It would be a great school field trip for children in the 5 grade and up. It also gave me a great opportunity to see if the kids were ready for a longer hike. It was a great hike, would recommend if you are getting started. It was shaded under trees the majority of the way, and moderate incline to the top with many switchbacks.

Picture?width=50&height=50

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Great hike for a family! Enough uphill to make you feel like you got some exercise. The views are amazing.

8 Completed 8 Reviews

My wife and I had a gorgeous mid-May day, 75 and sunny. This was our first time hiking Mineral Ridge, and both enjoyed it very much. We had the long flight yesterday from Tampa a day earlier, so we were in desperate need of some outdoor time. Even with what had to be one of their prettiest days of the year, since it was a Monday we only ran across 2 people the entire time on the trail. Very serene and private. The trail is exceptionally maintained. One we go to viewpoint, we took photos and continued up on a side trail called "Lost Man's Trail." It's has some pretty steep switchbacks, and since it was only our second day at altitude I could feel my heart pumping pretty good. We made it to the top of the ridge, where it looked like there were remnants of a large bonfire. Our total distance was 4.2 miles, and we were there about 2 hours.

Beautiful views of Lake CDA, beautiful forest, well maintained trails, easy trailhead access. 5 star!

4 Completed 4 Reviews

A favorite for my fiancé and I for a quick easy exercise. Always fun with the views of the surrounding bays.

6 Completed 5 Reviews

Great easy 3.5 mile loop, wide well groomed trail with benches, picnic shelter, scenery and points of interest. Safe and fun for kids.

Icon_b3b5639a8eb9d418a48776c4e9fd9a86

21 Completed 6 Reviews

Solid hike, and the views from the top are amazing! Not difficult, and a good hike with kids or dogs.

Support