Mineral Ridge Loop

#1 of 32 trails in coeur d alene national forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Mineral Ridge Loop is a 3.3 mile loop trail located near (Beauty Bay) the east end of Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & nature trips and is accessible from March until November.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Tony Coletti (246)

9 Completed10 Reviews

Patty Beyer (62)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Excellent for young and old alke. Great views from the top! Lots of wildflowers. Nature brochure was helpful.

Neil McGillicuddy (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great starter hike with rewarding views. Trail is well maintained with nice rest benches along the way. Photo opps aplenty.

Kylie Janelle (74)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty easy, quick, gorgeous viewpoints!

peggy gunther (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great hike to start off the season. Took the kids, and it was a wonderful history lesson which they discovered 22 points of interest. It would be a great school field trip for children in the 5 grade and up. It also gave me a great opportunity to see if the kids were ready for a longer hike. It was a great hike, would recommend if you are getting started. It was shaded under trees the majority of the way, and moderate incline to the top with many switchbacks.

Jacquie Masterson (87)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great hike for a family! Enough uphill to make you feel like you got some exercise. The views are amazing.

Scott McPherson (309)

8 Completed8 Reviews

My wife and I had a gorgeous mid-May day, 75 and sunny. This was our first time hiking Mineral Ridge, and both enjoyed it very much. We had the long flight yesterday from Tampa a day earlier, so we were in desperate need of some outdoor time. Even with what had to be one of their prettiest days of the year, since it was a Monday we only ran across 2 people the entire time on the trail. Very serene and private. The trail is exceptionally maintained. One we go to viewpoint, we took photos and continued up on a side trail called "Lost Man's Trail." It's has some pretty steep switchbacks, and since it was only our second day at altitude I could feel my heart pumping pretty good. We made it to the top of the ridge, where it looked like there were remnants of a large bonfire. Our total distance was 4.2 miles, and we were there about 2 hours. Beautiful views of Lake CDA, beautiful forest, well maintained trails, easy trailhead access. 5 star!

Jordan Palm (112)

4 Completed4 Reviews

A favorite for my fiancé and I for a quick easy exercise. Always fun with the views of the surrounding bays.

Russell Frame (259)

7 Completed6 Reviews

Great easy 3.5 mile loop, wide well groomed trail with benches, picnic shelter, scenery and points of interest. Safe and fun for kids.

Derek Henley (527)

21 Completed6 Reviews

Solid hike, and the views from the top are amazing! Not difficult, and a good hike with kids or dogs.

Support