Palisades Creek

Irwin, ID
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Palisades Creek is a 12 mile out and back trail located near Victor, Idaho and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, but is also good for mountain biking and horseback riding; and is accessible from June until October.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

We love to do this trail, it's a family favorite. The downfalls are It can get crowded in the summer time and can have heavy horse traffic at times (watch your step!), but it has great views, lots of wildlife, a nice trail, and good fishing.

5 Completed 3 Reviews

Great hike! Nice & easy. I think the best time to hike it would be in the fall. Good beginner backpacking trip, can be crowded at times. I highly recommend it for hikers of any level.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

good hike. Lotts of people!!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This is a great trail for either a day hike or staying a couple nights. There are some great views of the upper and lower lake. The fishing is great and every time I have gone up there I have seen a few moose.

4 Completed 2 Reviews

Fun little trail, real close to Idaho Falls. Took my 6 year old so we only went in 3 miles. My friends made it to the first lake and said they encountered some snow on the last switchback spot. Lots of dogs on the trail, we ran across a lady who was bitten when she tried to separate her dog in a fight. in the past I have seen mountain goats but no wildlife this time.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Great Hike. I went to the upper lake and it was beautiful. After the lower lake, the trail get significantly steeper so watch your timing. I saw moose and deer in the late afternoon on my way back.

Icon_3b6dfdd5de91128d14ce975e7f122981

3 Completed 2 Reviews

beautiful at every turn. didn't see any mountain goats but did see a moose in the brush. chipmunks are plentiful and are not scared of people. alota people on tha trail today . lower lake is stunning. would recommend this hike highly. the creek flows throughout and brings you some cool fresh air at times .

11 Completed 5 Reviews

Great day hike or even an overnighter. Trail is easy to follow and in good condition.

Don Evans

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Excellent day hike or overnighter. Four miles to the first lake. Watch for mountain goats on the ledges above after the first bridge crossing. Moose aplenty from 3 miles to upper lake, especially in the back marshes of the first lake. Camping area at first lake, Chicken Springs, and upper lake. Chicken Springs camping is across the creek and has shaky pit latrines. Deer, elk and bear may also be encountered.

Meta Newhouse

0 Completed 1 Reviews

This is an outstanding hike. Trail was in great condition, with amazing views in every direction. We saw mountain goats high up on the canyon walls and lots of beaver tracks. Highly recommend this hike, especially if you want to do some distance without lots of climbing.

Support