Waterfall Glen Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in Holly Park
Waterfall Glen Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willowbrook, IL that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking mountain biking nature trips road biking trail running walking forest river views waterfall wild flowers
Hide Map

Jason Reed

10 Completed10 Reviews

The main trail is all white rock and very wide. It's about 10 miles and takes about 2.5 hours to get through. But there are plenty of dirt trails that shoot off from the main. These don't all hook up with the main trail but they are less crowded and offer another view of the park.

Paol Tinocco

Allison Schuster

2 Completed4 Reviews

Bill Jordan

9 Completed10 Reviews

Wide open trails with great mile markers and path info.

Sherry Mauritzen

1 Completed2 Reviews

Take my dogs every weekend. Love it. But need poop stations throughout. I always clean up after my dogs and carry out but a lot don't. Sad. Leash law needs to be enforced too.

Sherry Mauritzen

1 Completed2 Reviews

I go every weekend and we love it. My dogs love the trail and it's pretty. My only complaint there needs to be garbage cans available. I always pick up after my dogs but many don't. :( maybe if their was little stations throughout the park for the poop bags it might get better? I'm sad so many don't clean up after their dogs. Leash laws need to be unforced too.

Michael Lussow

Connie D.

Roni A.

I loved this trail. There was a hill that I wasn't expecting but got through it. I saw so much nature. Lots of people walking the trail too so just be careful. I ran around 1pm-3pm stopping to take pictures.

Steve M.

Kara Hardman

6 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful trail, a good amount of solitude for the Suburbs. Did 9.5 miles, will likely go back.

Ester Jimenez

1 Completed1 Reviews

Very hot day and the availability to water fountains was very limited... Once we did find water, the taste was really terrible.

Autumn H.

Carrie Li

3 Completed3 Reviews

Leslie Bacon

3 Completed3 Reviews

excellent day hike. bring repellant! i was eaten alive when i went earlier in the summer. the waterfall was gorgeous although the path to it was not clearly marked (unless i just missed it). i just happened to be curious abt where a set of steps at a fork led. i took the steps down and found the waterfall. most of thelath is shaded by trees though there are some stretches that are in the open. bring screen if going on a sunny day. i also appreciated the port-o-potty in the middle of the trail. you pass a couple of overlooks and open fields where all you hear are your footsteps on the path and grasshoppers/crickets. oh yes! the sounds of nature.