Waterfall Glen

#1 of 1 trails in Holly Park
Waterfall Glen is a 9.4 mile loop trail located near Lemont, Illinois that features a waterfall. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

9.42 miles Loop
Dog Friendly
hiking mountain biking nature trips dogs leash forest river
Hide Map

Roni A.

I loved this trail. There was a hill that I wasn't expecting but got through it. I saw so much nature. Lots of people walking the trail too so just be careful. I ran around 1pm-3pm stopping to take pictures.

Steve M.

Kara Hardman

2 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful trail, a good amount of solitude for the Suburbs. Did 9.5 miles, will likely go back.

Ester Jimenez

1 Completed1 Reviews

Very hot day and the availability to water fountains was very limited... Once we did find water, the taste was really terrible.

Autumn H.

Carrie Li

3 Completed3 Reviews

Leslie Bacon

3 Completed3 Reviews

excellent day hike. bring repellant! i was eaten alive when i went earlier in the summer. the waterfall was gorgeous although the path to it was not clearly marked (unless i just missed it). i just happened to be curious abt where a set of steps at a fork led. i took the steps down and found the waterfall. most of thelath is shaded by trees though there are some stretches that are in the open. bring screen if going on a sunny day. i also appreciated the port-o-potty in the middle of the trail. you pass a couple of overlooks and open fields where all you hear are your footsteps on the path and grasshoppers/crickets. oh yes! the sounds of nature.

Kelly Rice

5 Completed5 Reviews

Great for stroller friendly trails!!! When I go with the little one I'm always searching for new beautiful places and waterfall glen is always on my top 5 kid friendly trips. You have to cross the road a couple times but it's not too bad. Highly recommend for stroller tots!

Amanda Bertrand

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great day hike, enjoyed the wildlife and the mini waterfall. Would return with bikes.

Caitlin Bulthuis

1 Completed1 Reviews

The trails were nice and wide to accommodate the traffic. It's a pretty heavily used area, but very pretty. The number of road crossings was disappointing though. We took our bikes and it felt like just when I was getting going I had reached the end of that trail and had to cross a road.