Clifty Falls State Park

#1 of 1 trails in Clifty Falls

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Clifty Falls State Park is a 14 mile loop trail located near Madison, Indiana that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, scenic driving & walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Shawn M (388)

20 Completed7 Reviews

Best set of trails for rugged hiking in the state that I've seen. Beautiful park with some amazing views on most of the trails. Like someone previously mentioned, there is no 14 mile trail at the park. The 14 miles is basically hitting every trail on the map. Definitely be prepared for tough hiking when you go out for the day.

Jason Warrier (38)

3 Completed1 Reviews

I came in #8 TH near the North Gate. Took a connector down to #2 and then went up Dean's Branch, close to the base of Tunnel Falls. I highly recommend checking out Dean's Branch. See my full review at http://www.kentuckywarrier.com/greenway-travels.html

Kevin Hahn (97)

2 Completed2 Reviews

finally did the complete length of trail 2. It was an excellent hike still some water coming off the falls. I had heard the observation deck at the bottom was in direpair, that was not the case. Trail 2 was a lot of fun.

Meredith Goodin (116)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Probably my favorite trail ever, #2, went up the creek bed.

Mark Combs (37)

2 Completed1 Reviews

We visited Clifty Falls when we stayed at Richwood Plantation B&B in Milton,Kentucky. There are some great views from the overlooks.

jeremy cosby (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

there is not a fourteen mile trail. instead their are about 8 small 2-5 mile trains crisscrossing over the entire park. get a map! if you are N inexperienced hiker with no navigation tools it could be very easy for you to get lost. scenery was beautiful though.

Katie Cramer (619)

24 Completed19 Reviews

I thought that this park was very pretty and had lots of cool caves and rock formations and some very beautiful views. I hated seeing the huge towers and factories though once I got high up into the forest. These trails can be fairly challenging, and they often drop off steeply on one side, so you have to be careful. Not for those afraid of heights.

Katie Bunschoten (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We went on this hike in April and it was gorgeous. Took our four year old, she was a little young for parts of the trail but did great. The height had me worried, but she handled it like a champ. Would recommend hiking w a buddy. Lots of beautiful views. Prettiest hike we have been on in a while.

Eric Cartier (143)

3 Completed3 Reviews

We hiked trails 8, 1, 9, 6, &7. The only complaint I can come up with is that you have to hike along the road between 9 & 6. The speed limit is on 15 mph, most everyone speeds into the blind curves. However, even the road offers nice things to see. As for the trails though one word comes to mind, "spectacular"! I did these trails with a 10 & 13 year old, and they did great! Your skill level doesn't need to be expert. This is by far the most scenic trails I have been on to date. There are many beautiful waterfalls, flowing creeks, natural springs, and countless rock formations. I highly recommend you add this park to your list of places to hike. You won't be disappointed!

Kenneth Allen (321)

11 Completed5 Reviews

By far the best trails I have ever done. The trails are very well maintained and the scenery is just breathtaking. Anyone of any physical level can do these trails. I've seen elderly folks on canes as well as children. There's a Nature Center with activities and interesting things to learn about inside. Also, along the trail is an Observatory tower. You'll get some great views of waterfalls, cliffs, streams and more. The boardwalks they provided are updated as well.

Support