Low Gap Trail in Morgan-Monroe State Forest

#1 of 3 trails in Morgan Monroe State Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Low Gap Trail in Morgan-Monroe State Forest is a 10 mile loop trail located near Martinsville, Indiana and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail is primarily used for hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Really enjoyed seeing the wildlife! Unfortunately, we foolishly didn't bring bug spray today =[ other than the insects bothering us, we had a really enjoyable hike, with variations in altitude, and changing terrain underfoot. I'll definitely be coming back to do this trail again! The workout on your legs is just excellent =]

Bart Hensley

5 Completed 3 Reviews

Great day hike tucked away in Monroe county. It took me and my crew about 4 hours to complete and we were beat tired after finishing. We ended up hiking the Mason Ridge trail instead of staying on the gravel trail (lame). This was a more scenic route that ended up being just shy of 11 miles for the day. A lot of fun on this rugged trail!

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Ticks!

16 Completed 16 Reviews

Great hike that is only 40 minutes from Indy. I hike this trail several times a year for a good cardio workout. Hiking at a good pace and not taking any breaks, its about a 3 hour hike. I also like it because if I'm not feeling it that day, I can cut out the river bottom section which shaves off about 2 miles.

12 Completed 4 Reviews

loved this trail...it was a bit strenuous though... some beautiful rocks in one section...I will be doing an overnighter here....loved it

Icon_03346c12c3ea4682156fa50cc33ca3e4

10 Completed 7 Reviews

This is a close to home hike for the family. Nice elevation change after the rock shelter giving the legs a good work out. The service roads leave a lot to be desired but the back country area has some cool spots to hang a hammock and chill.

106 Completed 14 Reviews

Not marked that well, but was a nice walk through the woods.

Icon_

2 Completed 1 Reviews

My eight year old son and I did the Low Gap. It was a very enjoyable trail with some pretty cool features.

11 Completed 11 Reviews

I enjoy Low Gap. However, I wish the end of trail didnt spend so much time on gravel. The trail is easy to follow with many peaceful spots along the way. The trail has a few hill climbs. The trail head is easy to find.

15 Completed 12 Reviews

We completed this trail in just 5 hours. It's very interesting and well marked. Helps to have a map. Don't forget the bug juice!

Support