george latham hiking trail

Berryton, KS
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

george latham hiking trail is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Berryton, Kansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6 Completed 4 Reviews

One of my favorite trails. Has a nice mix of woods, prairie fields and lake shore. There are campsites along the trail and I have backpacked in with my daughter before. It's a nice kids hike, either part way or the whole trail. There tends to be a lot of ticks and poison ivy though, so be prepared!

There also is primitive camping at the trail head. It's not very heavily used, and free!

9 Completed 4 Reviews

I love this trail! It is fairly easy to walk, and there are several fabulous primitive camping spots with fire rings, both cooking and campfire. The thing I really loved was that we heard no distant roar of traffic. Only nature. We saw only three people although there were about 5 cars in the parking lot when we began the hike.

10 Completed 6 Reviews

Very nice hike along this trail over Thanksgiving weekend.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

I LOVED this trail, mainly because when I hiked it, I barely saw another soul the entire afternoon. It's a gorgeous trail that heads down to the lake and around a nice peninsula and back to the campsite area. A few stream crossings and open meadows break the monotony of the trail.

5 Completed 2 Reviews

Great Hiking trails.

A lot of Great camp sites here.

Support