george latham hiking trail

#2 of 2 trails in Clinton State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

george latham hiking trail is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Berryton, Kansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Dave Colborn (187)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I had a nice brisk walk at around 30 degrees. The trail was nice, and as mentioned quiet. There is potable water at the head of the trail, and very accessible camp sites.

Brian Thomas (342)

6 Completed4 Reviews

One of my favorite trails. Has a nice mix of woods, prairie fields and lake shore. There are campsites along the trail and I have backpacked in with my daughter before. It's a nice kids hike, either part way or the whole trail. There tends to be a lot of ticks and poison ivy though, so be prepared!

There also is primitive camping at the trail head. It's not very heavily used, and free!

Erin Scrogum (230)

9 Completed4 Reviews

I love this trail! It is fairly easy to walk, and there are several fabulous primitive camping spots with fire rings, both cooking and campfire. The thing I really loved was that we heard no distant roar of traffic. Only nature. We saw only three people although there were about 5 cars in the parking lot when we began the hike.

Derrick Mahoney (333)

10 Completed6 Reviews

Very nice hike along this trail over Thanksgiving weekend.

Adam Johnson (107)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I LOVED this trail, mainly because when I hiked it, I barely saw another soul the entire afternoon. It's a gorgeous trail that heads down to the lake and around a nice peninsula and back to the campsite area. A few stream crossings and open meadows break the monotony of the trail.

Alex Cohen (140)

9 Completed2 Reviews

Great Hiking trails.

A lot of Great camp sites here.

Support