Berea Forest Trail

Berea, KY

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Berea Forest Trail is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Berea, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Myself and 3 friends did the popular part of this trail. The initial climb is pretty tough right out of the parking lot and through a small camping area. Once up to where the trail splits it levels out. We choose the West Pinnacle first. Very flat and smooth hiking all the way to the point where you reach the West Pinnacle. View from West Pinnacle was not really the greatest and you have to scale your way up through rocks to reach the summit for the view. We left the West Pinnacles and trekked back down the same trail since there were no trail maps available. When we got back to the trail split we headed to the right and up to the East Pinnacles. The trail had a slight to moderate incline all the way up until you reach what I like to refer to as The Sunlight (most of the trails we covered were canopy covered). Here it levels out and leads to one last incline that levels out around the East Pinnacle! View from the East Pinnacle was much better and very photogenic! Looking forward to going back in the future and trekking to the other destination locations within the trail system.

Icon_

2 Completed 1 Reviews

I bring my dogs here each time I come. The beginning is challenging as it's all uphill. Once you reach the middle of the mountain, to see the overlook take a right, then it is a flat walk until you reach another uphill which leads you to the overlook. It's pretty rough but well worth it.

4 Completed 2 Reviews

Local folks call this The Pinnacle and you'll see a lot of locals here on a warm day... and some on cold days as well. East Pinnacle at sunrise is amazing... West Pinnacle at sunset also amazing. Berea College gives students a day off to hike in October. If you know how to navigate it, you could make a loop of it, but I usually go to one Pinnacle or the other on any particular day.

Gail Anderson

78 Completed 20 Reviews

We parked in an unmarked lot that said something about Indian Fort. Once on the trail, what fun! We visited all the sites - West Pinnacle, East Pinnacle, Buzzard Roost, Eagle's Nest (my favorite). I wouldn't call this trail a loop, but we managed to find our way back to the car. Most turns were well marked. Some steep climbs, but not so much that you wanted to stop. The views were definitely worth the trip!

40 Completed 8 Reviews

One of my favorite trails in Central KY. Steep climb at beginning and levels off to some nice running trails. Great views!

40 Completed 8 Reviews

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I imagine that this hike has amazing views however I went on a low ceiling day. Top was steep but seemed pretty sweet especially since there are only two "major"elevation gains. I can't wait for round two on a sunny day. Highly recommend this hike.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

My friends and I like this one a lot. There's a lot of beautiful foliage and the trails very in difficulty - easy to hard - which is good because my group has varying abilities. We've been a few times and enjoyed it every time.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Great run,lots of trails in berea forest or "the pinnacles" as its locally known. The same area is listed under 3 dif headings on this site.

Icon_