Millennium Trail

Lebanon Junction, KY
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Millennium Trail in Bernheim Forest is a 13.6 mile loop trail located near Shepherdsville, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Bernheim Forest offers great trails and excellent staff. The Visitor Center Staff also offers good food and refreshments. The trails are very well marked vary in distance and difficulty. A great place to hike, walk, or picnic while the kids are enjoying the playground. Bernheim Forest is a Great Place for kids of all ages to Enjoy Nature and enjoy the day.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Great hike but very challenging. I hadn't worked out for a month before I tried this and I regretted that because I could hardly walk when I got home. We hiked it counter-clockwise and I felt great at the half-way point and I figured the latter half I could do with relative ease. I was very wrong. At mile nine there's a hill where whoever made the trail obviously had a sick sense of humor and made the trail run straight up the hill. After that my legs were screaming at me for the last 4 miles, but totally worth it. The trail offers many different vistas, from valleys, to intertwining streams, to beautiful hilltop views. All in all, a fun trail, but unless you hike on a weekly basis or are some sort of triathlon runner, don't expect to feel chipper after.

11 Completed 9 Reviews

Lovely.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

My husband and I have hiked this trail frequently. It's one of our favorites. We have
hiked it during every season and in all types of weather. But let me tell you, it doesn't
matter how many times you do it, the climbs do not get any easier!

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Definitely a cool weather hike, a lot of ups and downs. I really enjoyed the scenery from the ridge lines down to the hollows. I think it's a great trail for the moderately experienced hiker.

8 Completed 3 Reviews

my favorite +10miler..its a tough hike LOTS of climbs..

11 Completed 11 Reviews

This trail will test you! Its almost 14 miles of some serious ups and downs. The Millennium is very well blazed but pay attention, it is rugged with rocks and bramble, making it easy to step off trail. If you don't see a triangular, yellow blaze in over 50 - 100 feet you are off trail. TAKE WATER, this hike is demanding and you cannot count on a natural water source. Visible from the ridge tops are beautiful panoramas and birds eye views of the Evan William's and Jim Beam distilleries. The Millennium is great and I highly recommend it. Giver yourself plenty of time to finish during daylight hours.

0 Completed 2 Reviews

14 miles of monotonous young woodland with few summer water sources. Must also exit the park by dusk and no camping allowed anywhere.....Good training trail though

Allie Coons

0 Completed 8 Reviews

This is a beautiful place. Great for meditation, and learning about different plant species.

Eli Walters

95 Completed 38 Reviews

This hike was a nice workout with beautiful forests. Be sure to use plenty of bug spray during summer. I had to remove over 200 ticks after the hike. Very disturbing.

Support