Millennium Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 2 trails in Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest
Millennium Trail is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon Junction, KY that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

hiking views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Millennium Trail in Bernheim Forest is a 13.6 mile loop trail located near Shepherdsville, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Pedro DeJesus

2 Completed4 Reviews

Well marked trail Did half day. 7 Miles

Pedro DeJesus

2 Completed4 Reviews

Jacob Aldridge

Dillon Dillon Miller

3 Completed1 Reviews

Very intense trail. Come prepared!

Amanda Berry

3 Completed2 Reviews

Michael Nicholas

7 Completed1 Reviews

Jade Enyeart

3 Completed2 Reviews

Very tough hike, only got to the 1/2 way point bc we started to late in the day. Was well marked, wasn't very exciting though, its just a lot of woods, no rugged terrain, cliffs, waterfalls, etc at least on the first half going clockwise. Was definitely a good workout tho & enjoyed being outside. Would recommend for somewhat fit person, got the legs burning!

Mike Ford

6 Completed3 Reviews

Chris Smith

2 Completed2 Reviews

I hiked this trail with a buddy in 95 degree summer heat, if you do decide to do the trail in the summer I recommend making a water cache midpoint and use plenty of tick repellent. Also the trail head was a pain in the butt to find and if you happen to do this trail on a weekend then you have to pay 5$ to get into the park and then wait till 9 am for the visitors center to open to register for the trail. The trail itself was very strenuous, its not a trail for beginners by any means. We crossed many creek beds that were dried up so make sure to drink and bring plenty of water. This trail took us about 7 hours in all to complete with a half hour lunch at the mid-point.

Warren B. Huffman

1 Completed1 Reviews

Bernheim Forest offers great trails and excellent staff. The Visitor Center Staff also offers good food and refreshments. The trails are very well marked vary in distance and difficulty. A great place to hike, walk, or picnic while the kids are enjoying the playground. Bernheim Forest is a Great Place for kids of all ages to Enjoy Nature and enjoy the day.

Colin Moss

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike but very challenging. I hadn't worked out for a month before I tried this and I regretted that because I could hardly walk when I got home. We hiked it counter-clockwise and I felt great at the half-way point and I figured the latter half I could do with relative ease. I was very wrong. At mile nine there's a hill where whoever made the trail obviously had a sick sense of humor and made the trail run straight up the hill. After that my legs were screaming at me for the last 4 miles, but totally worth it. The trail offers many different vistas, from valleys, to intertwining streams, to beautiful hilltop views. All in all, a fun trail, but unless you hike on a weekly basis or are some sort of triathlon runner, don't expect to feel chipper after.

Tiffany Webb

12 Completed9 Reviews

Lovely.

Amanda Keeling

2 Completed2 Reviews

My husband and I have hiked this trail frequently. It's one of our favorites. We have
hiked it during every season and in all types of weather. But let me tell you, it doesn't
matter how many times you do it, the climbs do not get any easier!

Jake Kuprion

1 Completed1 Reviews

Definitely a cool weather hike, a lot of ups and downs. I really enjoyed the scenery from the ridge lines down to the hollows. I think it's a great trail for the moderately experienced hiker.

Ken Quire

14 Completed3 Reviews

my favorite +10miler..its a tough hike LOTS of climbs..

John Austin

12 Completed11 Reviews

This trail will test you! Its almost 14 miles of some serious ups and downs. The Millennium is very well blazed but pay attention, it is rugged with rocks and bramble, making it easy to step off trail. If you don't see a triangular, yellow blaze in over 50 - 100 feet you are off trail. TAKE WATER, this hike is demanding and you cannot count on a natural water source. Visible from the ridge tops are beautiful panoramas and birds eye views of the Evan William's and Jim Beam distilleries. The Millennium is great and I highly recommend it. Giver yourself plenty of time to finish during daylight hours.

Chris Willman

0 Completed2 Reviews

14 miles of monotonous young woodland with few summer water sources. Must also exit the park by dusk and no camping allowed anywhere.....Good training trail though

Allie C.

This is a beautiful place. Great for meditation, and learning about different plant species.

Eli W.

This hike was a nice workout with beautiful forests. Be sure to use plenty of bug spray during summer. I had to remove over 200 ticks after the hike. Very disturbing.