Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Raven Run Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Trail is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Boone Creek, Kentucky and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Alex Mortimer (36)

Awesome experience! Over 10 miles of total trails in the park

Scott Millard (231)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Completed the Red Loop for the first time this past Saturday. Love this trail.

Scott Millard (231)

1 Completed2 Reviews

Jason Dotson (171)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Alyssa Underwood (38)

Tonya Pauley (99)

2 Completed2 Reviews

One of our favorite spots to hike! Our first date was in the misty rain on this trail. I agree with other reviews tends to be quite muddy but you are hiking so have fun with it!

Mark Stoltz (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Excellent hiking, plenty of deer habitat. Trails are frequently extremely muddy at times and old hiking shoes are recommended.

D N (179)

10 Completed7 Reviews

One of my favorite weekend trails, some slight elevation changes, very scenic with plenty of water ways, forest and fields. Great for trail running and can easily spend 4 hours hiking! The only "bad" thing I would say are the hours (8AM-4PM I believe), so I usually can only go on weekends.

Amy Wilson Wright (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I love this place. I have many fond memories from when I was a child and teenager of hiking and having picnics at Raven Run. I miss living in the country and this place is a convenient 10-15 minutes out of town...a sanctuary not only for the animals, but for those wanting to escape the city sights, noise, and smells...a great place to spend the day. Although information on this trail shows it to be only 3.9 miles, there are several historical loops and connector trails that overlap and a person could easily spend a whole day going slowly and resting from time to time to take it all in. The new nature center has better displays and information.

Meredith L (368)

9 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful and well-maintained trails. Great view from the Overlook - nice view of the river and we saw a family of deer drinking below. Good hike for both kids and adults.

Support