Comite Park Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in Comite River Park
Comite Park Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, LA. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

hiking mountain biking trail running walking bugs
Hide Map

Randi Troslcair

4 Completed4 Reviews

It was a fun hike with 2 adults and a dog! You can spend a good part of the day here...bring or wear a bathing suit because there is a nice little beach! To get there take a left at marker #5, it is wise to bring a map because it can get a little confusing, especially trying to get to the beach. Watch out for bikers, there are many, but they are friendly and watch for hikers too. My only complaint is the beach had broken glass and beer/cans littering the sand and water, I think it's because people tube here. Also, keep a good eye out for snakes near the bogs, we saw 4 moccasins. All in all it was a great hike, we very much enjoyed it and I would say my dog gave it 5 stars, especially because of the water!!!

Bryanandhanna Knox

1 Completed1 Reviews

good times.. watch out for snakes thought. ran over a copper head and we seen 2 others. think one was a cotton mouth.

Christina Bolling

3 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail! Definitely listen for bikers... A couple snuck up on us but everyone was gracious and it was a wonderful hike. Beautiful and well kept.

Shayne Hudson

1 Completed1 Reviews

Just hiked here for the first time yesterday. I'm in agreement with most other reviewers in saying this is a really great place to hike, it's dog friendly and great for trail cyclists. There's a few cons to this place, however. For one, the trail is VERY confusing at times, especially if you're a newcomer. And, the park does not offer paper maps to help with navigation so I'd recommend you download a map of the trail (if you can find one) if you plan on hiking the whole thing. I don't know if I hiked the whole trail or not as I got a little lost and backtracked some. Regardless, I did find my way out with the help of my compass, a snapshot I took of the trail, and many years of hiking experience. I hiked 5.7 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Again, I don't know that I did the whole trail but there's plenty to offer here for experienced hikers or newbs.
A pro that I'd like to mention (that may seem odd to LA natives) is that there is no entry fee charged to enter the park. I'm not from here so I find it a little odd that parks charge for hiking or just visiting. Camping or back country camping, I can understand but I just don't understand paying to access nature. It's not the price of the ticket, it's the principle. But I digress. I'll be coming here whenever I need to scratch my hiking itch. Might have to wear swim trunks next time so I can wade at the beach portion.

Rashael Hawkins

2 Completed2 Reviews

We did 7.79 miles in 3 hours today and that was with a few short stops. Lots of bikers but we hiked the trail backwards and were able to spot them and move off the trail quickly enough to move out of there way. We had a map but still had a little difficulty navigating because there are so many extra trails that are not on the map. Which was fine for us because we were in no rush today. Comite was WAY better than Hooper Rd trail! Won't do that one again now that I know this one is so close!

Laurie Phil

1 Completed1 Reviews

had a great day! would do it again.

Jacob Jacob Morrison

2 Completed2 Reviews

really fun xcountry mtn bike trail

David Click

4 Completed4 Reviews

One of the best biking trails near Baton Rouge, LA.

Gary Ronshausen

1 Completed1 Reviews

Loved it great trail to walk or ride!!!

Elizabeth Langlois

1 Completed1 Reviews

The trail is really easy. Make sure you have a map because it can get confusing at least for me it did to get back. The beach is really clean and warm. The bikers will let you know when they're coming. If any other hikers are there they're really nice. But it's a beautiful hike.

David Mercadel

** KEYS **
I found a set of keys on the trail today for a Toyota. There's a saint charm on the keychain if you can tell me the saint I'll hand them over to you.

Kris Hutchinson

2 Completed2 Reviews

I ran the trails today! They are so close to me and I finally completed them. Today I had 70 degree sunny weather and I was pouring with sweat. The sign says for walkers and runners to do the course backwards. Since there were so few people there I just started at the trailhead instead. The trail is VERY technical and small hills. These trails are certainly catering towards the bikes and not the runners but they were still fun. The few people I did see there were friendly and ready to give directions. I'll be back! :)

Joe King

11 Completed4 Reviews

Nice fun trail! Defiantly coming back here for another power hike.

Julie Archila

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice place, my first time going anywhere like this in Baton Rouge. Did get a little confused though because I followed the sign to walk the trail opposite to cyclists. Otherwise, nice hike!

Jesse Puckett

29 Completed36 Reviews

Good trail for a beginner or expert to get some miles in. They really maximize some elevation changes in a flat area. That said, I rode it on a single speed and had no issue with any of the climbs.

Extremely fun at times, fast and flowing, I will be back especially at night.

Marylynn Waddle

10 Completed6 Reviews

Great trail for hiking! We took the dogs and they enjoyed it! Watch out for bikers though. There's also a beach here which is really nice to take a break and enjoy at marker 6!

Rachelle Berkley

21 Completed5 Reviews

Loved hiking this trail with our dog - just be ready to hop out of the way of cyclists!

6 Completed10 Reviews

Haven't been on the app lately but road the trail today, actually not in bad shape even with the rain! I've been riding it two to three times a week. Plan to be out there tomorrow after work as well! Around 5ish if anyone else wants to join!!

6 Completed10 Reviews

The trails were in great shape even with all the rain we've had lately! A couple of trees done, one over the trails but no mud! Had a awesome ride! Peace out and pedal hard!

6 Completed10 Reviews

Hello everyone, just wanted to inform you all that the "BEAST" is all that! The trail needs to dry out a little bit more but all in all that trail ROCK! Very intense and extreme in many areas, not for all riders! I will be hitting the comite in the morning probably around 8:30-9ish...so if anyone wants to know more ab the "BEAST" hit me up!! Peace out and pedal hard!