Hooper Road Park

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in BREC Monte Sano Park
Hooper Road Park is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, LA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly hiking mountain biking nature trips trail running walking forest river wild flowers wildlife bugs rocky
Hide Map

Robert Peters

3 Completed1 Reviews

Damen Bechtel

3 Completed2 Reviews

Walk most of the trail the other day and over all its a nice walk with some good scenes. Seen some wild life. Seen 2 cotton mouths and a gator. Def will be back to walk the whole trail sometime soon.

Will Monceaux

2 Completed2 Reviews

Cassie Bertrand

2 Completed2 Reviews

The kind of place that really takes you away from the city for awhile. We followed the biking trail but found it to be a great hike, leisurely and nothing too challenging. We made some shortcuts through the trail because the sun was starting to set, but took us about two hours to go 4 miles, taking our time. You have a lot of different options and things to see though. Very kept up.

Jake ..

I just recently ran an organized trail race encompassing the entire hooper rd and comite trail system (13.1 miles.) I can't say enough about it. You'll forget that you're in Baton Rouge for sure. I highly recommend these trails to any trail runner

Amanda Zachary

1 Completed1 Reviews

We hiked this in May 2013 with our kids, 5 and 7. We were celebrating our 7- year old going into complete remission from leukemia! We didn't realize it was a look that had no choice but to finish. It is also primarily a bike trail. Regardless, this was an excellent trail. It was a little hard at the end for our son-the cancer survivor, so I carried him, but our 5-year old ran a lot of it.

Wendy Hackett

3 Completed1 Reviews

Just got back from taking the dogs out on these trails. If your hiking wear proper shoes as it does get a bit mucky in some areas. Gorgeous setting, nicely maintained paths and great variety of elevations and difficulty. The dogs had a ball and Mom got a perfect work out.

Jesse Puckett

29 Completed36 Reviews

Really nice trail in the Baton Rouge area. If you are a beginner they have trails for you...they also have trails that are geared toward the expert level. follow the map and you should be fine.

There are a lot of bail out trails as well so if you just want to get a few miles and that will work to.

If you wanted to you could ride from here to the comite trails. Look for the comite connection at the power line trail section.

last time I was out here it was too
muddy to ride the whole trail.... I'm glad I tried it again because it's worth it.

Kathleen Doran

How late is it open

Ashley Ward

5 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty decent trails, just avoid going after rainy weather. The experience was more swamp running than trail running but still had a great time and a solid workout.

Emily Fransen

6 Completed2 Reviews

Great trail to hike with the dog. Just watch out for bikers...didn't always get a lot of warning when they were around.

Angela Kennedy

3 Completed3 Reviews

Awesome day hike for myself and the dog. Bring bug spray and listen for bikers!

Jesse Puckett

29 Completed36 Reviews

Was here in February. Looks like a great trail to ride... But noddy in areas and hard to folly the trail through some parts. Has some good climbing an drops too. Overall a good ride for BR. But make sure it's been dry. And bring inspect repellant.

Bruce Brashier

7 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail for Baton Rouge area.

Rachelle Berkley

21 Completed5 Reviews

My husband and I take our dog hiking here and love it!

Todd Thomas

6 Completed10 Reviews

Just got back into riding, Hooper road is a great place to ride! Hit it yesterday for 15 miles and felt great! Needs a little upkeep on the over growth but all in all I'm very impressed by the trials! Next I will hit the comite and see just how technical it is! I'm looking for experienced rides to ride with so if your looking for a experienced rider that can handle his own please feel free to let me know!

Cody Foret

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hooper trails are great for a challenge, not a trail that's ridden too much though. You can take a connection trail on over to the comite trails, which are pretty technical and quite a bit of things to jump also. Fun trails that are maintained by local riders. If you are new to these trails, make sure to wear a helmet and be cautious of other riders who can sneak up from behind you faster than you would think! And please leave the kids at home unless they realize who to get out of the way, fast

Andy Thomas

6 Completed4 Reviews

Good trails for the area, maintained very well. Make sure it hasn't rained in a few days before heading out to these trails.

Matt Mellott

0 Completed2 Reviews

the trails are great for a scenic relaxing ride through many habitats. Not very challenging but worth your time lots of routes. The Comite trails down the road are way better for advanced riders but they also have trails for beginners. Comite has over 26 miles of trails