Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Morse Mountain is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Phippsburg, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Shawn Letourneau (574)

5 Completed2 Reviews

Was nice hike with some steep portions. We went in November and didn't see much wildlife, but was great because there were hardly any people. Nice and quite. There are some marshes and some steep hills to clime in some areas and a beautiful view of the ocean at the end/mid-point of the trail. You can add more to the trail by walking down the beach or the small roads for viewing areas. Nice to see conservation/research that is keeping the area protected. Just a side note because we didn't know this before we went....They want everyone to wear something that is hunter orange, since some hunting does take place in this area. Also, we had to cross about 5" of water on one portion in the marsh on the way back because the tide had come in. So if you also plan/don't plan on getting your feet wet (another group had been walking barefoot and in shorts on the beach despite the brisk weather) then I suggest bringing something to get through the water. Luckily I had just bought some new tall hiking boots from Freeport and they were just tall enough to keep my feet dry :)

Richard Abrams (1531)

28 Completed22 Reviews

This hike is mostly on a road with very nice views of forest, marsh, mountain peak and beach.

Sharon Randall (130)

5 Completed2 Reviews

This is a really nice walk through marsh, woods and onto a Seawall Beach. Beware! The bugs, mosquitoes and Greenheads are fierce!

Paul Lauze (107)

4 Completed1 Reviews

No Dogs. I didn't know this. luckily we found a place nearby. next time I will have to leave the pooch at home

Jennifer Sherwood (283)

9 Completed8 Reviews

Easy hike to the cleanest, quietest beach in Maine. Plus there is no charge. They are strict about what you bring in in terms of beach gear (effects families with younger children). Also, bring bug spray, they are pretty bad almost all the time.

Support