Pleasant Mountain

Denmark, ME
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pleasant Mountain is a 4.9 mile out and back trail located near Denmark, Maine. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

5 Completed 2 Reviews

We took the Bald Peak trail up to the main summit and back. I wouldn't necessarily call this an easy hike. It's a relentlessly uphill, steep and slippery trail (with fallen leaves and damp rocks). My group enjoys the challenge, but I wouldn't recommend this trail for going down. If you take this trail, Eye of the Needle is worth seeing. It's just a quick side path. Views from both the Bald Peak Summit and the Main Summit are stunning. It's also worth pointing out that the main summit says it has an elevation of 2,006 feet whereas here it's listed as much less.

5 Completed 1 Reviews

I went on hiking trial on the ledge trial it was fun hiking on that trial with my friend Nicole it took 4 hour 3.6 mile plus 1.8

Icon_8823d4f80a8c35a61cb6cd20f0703543

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Love it! The Pleasant Mountain ridge is a great place for a day hike. It has several trails that make their way up to the summit with a connecting trail across the ridge. This allows for some amazing views from the top. You can see Mt. Washington, the White Mountains, Sunday River and all the way to Portland, ME. An easier hike makes this something you can do with novice hikers, pets, families, etc. If you are around the White Mountain area this is definitely worth a visit!

Person_placeholder

10 Completed 4 Reviews

Southwest ridge trail to fire tower and descend via firewardens trail. The SW trail was hot and dry on this day but a nice breeze was available due to the open air of the ledges. Good views of the terrain to the SW almost all the way up. This is definetely the nicest, most scenic of the Pleasant Mtn. trails. It was good to come down the wardens trail as it offered some shade and nice cool/cold streams tro splash around in. Amanda was correct about the ticks, I picked off about thirty of the nasty bloodsuckers despite Columbia bug repellent pants and liberal applications of DEET.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

All I can say was trail head was a little difficult to find, I think I took South Ridge trail but I don't quite remember. The trail head I took was off the side of a road that Sunday River is on, the parking area was on the left and the trail head on the right side of the road. WARNING: TICKS! I was covered in ticks most of the way up and down and I stayed on the trail, maybe it was the time of year. Anyway, the views were really great all the way up, the summit/peak I hiked to was worth the trip. I found it to be a little strenuous but not too bad. I'll post some pics when I have time.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Up Bald Peak, Sues Way, North Ridge, Bald Peak, Fire Warden's to Main Summit. Down Southwest/McKay's Pasture. Great day out but WICKED COLD!

15 Completed 3 Reviews

1 Completed 1 Reviews

An easy hike with a great view

Icon_c6fddf0456e5fd7ddc464bfdee7579fc

16 Completed 10 Reviews

Hiked on 12/26/10. A buddy and I did the Southwest Ridge Trail (or Southridge Trail?) and it was a moderately easy hike but a scenic one all the way up. There were moments of icing rock hidden under snow that proved a little slippery but all in all a good day's work. The view from the top was nice, with views of surrounding lakes, ponds and Mount Washington.

3 Completed 3 Reviews

There are a few trails to the top. Trails can be found if you go to the Echo Loon Land Trust site on the internet. You can print off the Pleasant Mountain trails. I did the trail off Denmark Road in Denmark listed as 2.7 to the summit. Trail takes you to the Southeast summitthen the follow summit path, 20 minutes to the fire tower on Pleasant Mtn. From summit to summit you go down then it swings back up so don't get confused like I did. Just follow the trail, you will get there. Great views of Fryebrug into New Hampshire and the White Mountains. Bring the binoculars and camera with a good zoom. Lunch on the summit seemed popular.

Support