Pleasant Mountain

Denmark, ME

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pleasant Mountain is a 4.9 mile out and back trail located near Denmark, Maine. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Joshua Weidenhamer (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Moderately difficult trail particularly on the way down. There are beautiful views every fifteen minutes. A great place to see Hawks. Definitely not for the unprepared hiker.

Aaron Jonker (114)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Ledges trail is a great trail we do every year while we're in Maine. It starts out easy and gradually gets more difficult. Great views about 2/3rds the way up from the Ledges and the summit has great views as well. This time we hiked on a cloudy afternoon and ended up getting poured on. We had had three kids with us and it was warm, so the rain didn't send us back down, but it got very very wet. Great hike though and earlier in the year the hike can yield large quantities of blueberries if you're patient enough to pick the tiny, tart mountain berries.

Adam Gindt (926)

94 Completed23 Reviews

Dani Wyman (654)

14 Completed14 Reviews

Ledges Trail can be tough for some, wasn't a good choice to do for my first hike of the season back in May, but the summit is worth the effort. The worst part is the final stretch after you reach the first viewpoint. You can climb up the ladder at the fire tower on top, but it's not for the faint of heart!

Amy Olfene (660)

13 Completed3 Reviews

Stunning views at the outlook and summit; got some amazing photos! Did this as my first winter hike immediately after fresh snow, which made it a bit more difficult than normal. We were one of maybe two or three people on the trail that day.

Kyle McLain (234)

6 Completed7 Reviews

Hiked the Ledges trail to the summit a few times. In the winter this relatively steep trail gets pretty icy so be prepared. Overall a moderately challenging hike in the winter and summer with very rewarding views along the way.

Chris Willette (280)

30 Completed2 Reviews

Hiked the Ledges trail to the main peak on 5/2/15. I found this to be more enjoyable than other trails on this mountain as it offers amazing views on the way up. Great ledges to stop and have a snack or just to take a break and enjoy the view. Took me roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes including a 15 minute break at the main peak. Just 50 minutes or so from Portland!

Holly D. (281)

14 Completed12 Reviews

Erin Jessen (164)

2 Completed2 Reviews

We were so happy we got up and went hiking this morning and this was the one we chose !!! It was random and it was totally perfect !! Very steady incline that could feel very steep to beginners. It was slippery due to wet leaves, pine needles and ice but very clear cut path and well marked ! We ran into a few hikers and their furry campions but it was a very quiet and peaceful hike. It's a picture stopper for sure from start to finish.

Rachael Stein (169)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Oh my gosh. This was HARD! Of course, I'm used to the Eastern Shore of Maryland (i.e., flat), but I only made it about halfway up... I think we were on the Bald Peak trail? Whichever one has blue blazes. It was beautiful but NOT easy.

Support