Rattlesnake Mountain

Raymond, ME

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Easy hike, close to Portland

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Paul Logan (98)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Steep hike, but short. Great for
Kids.

Dani Wyman (654)

14 Completed14 Reviews

One of my all time favorite hikes because it's short and usually never crowded. Alas, I have found another way up besides the Bri-Mar trail! If you go down to the end of Coffee Pond Road, which is off Webb Mills, maybe a mile away from the Bri-Mar trail, you'll notice there's kind of a turn-around. Where the turn-around is, there's an old logging road that has a white PVC pipe and chain going across it. If you take that trail up about .5 miles, it splits and you'll want to bear to the left (it's not an immediate left), the trail continues (you'll see some red blazes on trees to your left which I assume is a property line) and converges with another trail (i believe there were rocks stacked to mark this), take the right which pretty much is a bee-line up to the summit. It will take you right to the same viewpoint as the Bri-Mar trail does, only from the other side. You'll notice another trail as you come up the summit to your right. This trail (if you bear to your right the whole time), takes you to another viewpoint, which is spectacular and very private. We were happy to find a little camping chair up there too! This viewpoint is probably 10 minutes away from the first one, so definetly check it out if you have the time. The trail I described took us maybe 30-40 minutes to hike up from the end of coffee pond road, and although it's a little overgrown, it wasn't that steep at all and amazingly fun to run back down. Hope this helps for those with small children!

Patrick Sweeney (251)

5 Completed2 Reviews

nice hike for kids.

Michelle Demers (179)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Steep inclines. Not easy, I'd say moderate.

Michelle Demers (179)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Christopher Chudzik (326)

11 Completed5 Reviews

Good hike, little steep for my 4 year old but she made it ok. We only went as far as the geocache. We did not top out. My wife and I hiked with out 1 year old twins on our back and it was way past nap time. Some trees across the trail that you have to step over or climb over depending on your size.

Becky Evans (115)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Moderate

Jesse Murch (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a great hike. Nice steep incline but not to difficult for kids or people out of shape. The views were wicked nice and I would recommend to walk a bit further and go to the second view point. It was well marked and easy to follow the paths. It didn't take that long and the views were well worth it. I would definitely hike it again!

Liz Bucco (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful view, pretty steep incline but worth it!

Beth Molina (207)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Not a bad hike. Great for a short hike with a decent view. There really isn't any trail ending per se.

Support