Conestoga Trail Loop

#1 of 2 trails in Susquehannock State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Good Views of the Susquehanna and Wildlife

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sean Mellinger (100)

3 Completed3 Reviews

wanted to add, The Lancaster Hiking club maintains the Conestoga trail. Here is a link to there website, with maps and descriptions. http://lancasterhikingclub.angelfire.com/ctshistory.html

Sean Mellinger (100)

3 Completed3 Reviews

The last 8 miles of the Conestoga trail is the best part of the trail if you like "backcountry" type hiking. My wife and I use it to train for our bigger backpacking trips. It's never too crowded and gives a good mix of rocks, streams, ups and downs. We hike with our two girls, 5 and 7, and they can do it with a little help on the rock climbing sections.

ginger roberts (163)

37 Completed3 Reviews

The Conestoga can be accessed from Kellys Run, Tuquon Glen, House Rock, and Reeds Run Trails. My favorite sections are from Safe Harbor to Holtwood near PA 372. Not to far from Safe Harbor is a huge labyrinth of caves, the trail meanders through a section. Continuing south there is a chestnut tree farm near House Rock, but you have to veer about 50 yds off the trail. The section near Pinnacle has recently opened for rock climbing and it is a strenuous climb here, better to go up than down this section. The ridge views make this a great hike in early winter or early spring. I have seen bobcat on this trail. The trail is well marked with orange blazes.

Support