Parkers Creek Loop, American Chestnut land Trust

#1 of 1 trails in American Chestnut Land Trust

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Parkers Creek Loop, American Chestnut land Trust is a 3 mile loop trail located near Prince Frederick, Maryland. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

clayton spann (21)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wife and I hiked Turkey trail loop to include Turkey spur the 2nd week of August. A well maintained trail with excellent marking and signs at each trail intersection. A very nice visitor’s parking spot. Note trail head for Turkey trail is just after visitors parking before the barn (you sign in at the barn). You’re quickly engulfed by the woods and most is along Parkers Creek. We hiked mid-week, so trail was full of cobwebs (seemed like every 6 feet) so point person stayed busy. Bugs/Mosquitoes were noticeable. I plan to come back end of October early November. Hopefully that time of the year will let me focus more on the gorgeous scenery

Pam Shilling (51)

1 Completed1 Reviews

If you want to get into the forest, away from it all, this is a great trail for you! A beautiful earthen trail in Prince Frederick, Maryland, the 3.8 mile loop is easy-to-moderate with only a few steady inclines. The views at this time of year along the creek are gorgeous with a lot of wildlife activity (heron, osprey, bald eagles, and others) - especially early morning and evening. Take the Turkey Spur to get right up to the waterline, then double back to continue along the loop. Insects will be a challenge during summer months in completely natural lands like ACLT's (no pesticides ever) so be ready with repellent. Another hiker gave 2 stars to this trail but was actually reviewing ACLT's Swamp Trail in a different area which has now been blocked off since the wetlands have overcome the trail. The Parkers Creek Loop is in excellent condition, is well marked and is really, really beautiful! Enjoy! ( Be sure to check out ACLT's all volunteer run farm by the trail head where all produce is donated to local food pantries.)

Barbara Sheldon (86)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We've come before on the Dares Beach Road side of the park(twice I think)....I remember that trail as being full of chiggers. This time we decided to start at the Scientist Cliffs entrance. I went with my two grown sons and two dogs. My son lead the way....we took the Swamp Trail. We got to the point after crossing a small bridge that we were actually in the swamp.....really in the swamp. My son kept going ahead. My shoes starting sinking. When I looked up and saw my son up to his crouch......we thought best to turn around. Not exactly your average walk in the park. Muck Muck.....

j smith (55)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Well maintained and marked; this trail provides variable scenery and elevation.

Maryline OShea (63)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great little hike, good variety of terrain, very pretty and not a soul :) Found the trail well marked and not very difficult.
Easy parking.

Regina Lister (316)

4 Completed3 Reviews

This is one of my favorite trails. It's a great Hike due to the fact that its moderate and somewhat challenging. It has really nice views, but the trail isn't maintained very well.

Brittany P. (265)

Oh Man love this trail! There is like a ton of trails that are all challenging and fun. We hiked in freezing snow and it was still a blast!

Frio Marquez Haro (316)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Stunning views almost the whole way through. I loved hiking this trail! I got lucky and came on a day with zero fog and warm temperatures. Parking was easy and free.

Steve Nelson (103)