Savage Park Trails

#1 of 2 trails in Savage Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Savage Park Trails is a 8.2 mile out and back trail located near Jessup, Maryland that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Kristen Golden (636)

13 Completed4 Reviews

A nice leisurely hike. I was a little doubtful driving in through a neighborhood, but once we got on the trail it was nice and peaceful. I completed the hike with my bosses' two little rat terriers, and they had a great time, so it's definitely small dog friendly.

k b. (322)

Ok but nothing special

Brian Hallen (1032)

18 Completed9 Reviews

Great hike and nice views of the rivers

Douglas Ramsey (113)

0 Completed2 Reviews

one of the best marked trails I have ever done. very relaxing with decent amounts of altitude changes.

Mike Nickel (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I did the green trail in an hour, I enjoyed it and plan to go back to try the others.

Caleb Moose (482)

6 Completed3 Reviews

I really like this trail for a couple of reasons. It's clean, well-marked, has nice scenery, and offers different hiking options. I just did a quick, mid-week, out-and-back because I ran out of daylight. It's a great place for a leisurely stroll through the woods.

Samuel Rotenstreich (264)

6 Completed6 Reviews

A typical metro Washington hike, you hike next to a river, somewhat hilly, some rocks and some roots. It's a great afternoon hike.

Tyler Harding (8805)

48 Completed53 Reviews

Decent area for a flat aftnoon hike. Stick to the river for the most interesting paths. We could see some large trout in the water on the west side trails in early September.

Support