Tucquan Glen Loop

#1 of 3 trails in Holtwood Recreation Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Family and dog-friendly loop hike mostly along a beautiful stream

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Dave Kerwood (73)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome trail, a lot of fun and contains varied conditions. **BEWARE** copperhead snakes found on this trail. We found encountered them in the brush, leafy areas. Just a tip. Be safe!

Dave Hollis (87)

3 Completed1 Reviews

This place was AMAZING. With so many great visuals in terms of scenery (rock formations, waterfalls, forest foliage), this hike has clearly been a new favorite. Very photographic and physically challenging…. LOVE it!!

Jason Didden (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

One of our favorite hikes. The stream keeps the kids interested and it's a perfect length for our 6 and 8 yo's. They wear bathing suits and water shoes and "hike the stream."

Brad Clark (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

awesome hike. great for kids.excellent scenery

Kristyn Zaenglein (47)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I love this trail. The markings were questionable in some spots, but backtracking was enjoyable. I have 12 year old twin girls and a 5 year old lab that loved this trail as well. They loved walking through the stream. We went on a holiday weekend and the small parking area was overly full. So pretty and very shady. A perfect family hike for those that are physically capable. It's not a rail trail and definitely not flat. No special gear is needed though, just shoes that have traction.

Kendall Geary (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We tried to visit these trail on the 4th of July and it was CLOSED due to construction.

Teri Butkiewicz (57)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I really loved this trail. Many places to go into the creek which is great for kids or hot summer days. I was going to bring my 7 year old and watch her closely, as going back up the trail is a little technical. I would not recommend it for smaller kids. Watch for road closings, we went to hike it yesterday and Water Road was closed in this area so we had to hike another trail.

Nikki Bachman (130)

10 Completed1 Reviews

I'm in love with this area! Gets pretty crowded if you stay on the beaten path but if you stay high and take it to the tracks go up the steep trail,it'll take you to some awesome rocks/cliffs/caves.

Christa Wagman (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful trail. Waterfalls, river, railroad. Southern York counties best kept trail secret.

JT Holderman (59)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful loop along a falling stream from trailhead down to the train tracks along the Susquehanna river. Moderate difficulty regards some rocking footing, but a non-strenous hike overall. The rolling stream really is the highlight of the hike. Take the shoes off and get the feet wet.

Support