Tucquan Glen Loop

#1 of 3 trails in Holtwood Recreation Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Family and dog-friendly loop hike mostly along a beautiful stream

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Ritkat M. (37)

The area is fabulous to walk in. However about half a mile into the hike on the right hand side of the creek and trail two very large trees have fallen across the creek and path. A couple of hikers had squeeze through but I turned around because I did not want to take my children through. Bummer. I would have given it five stars but because the trail has been blocked for what looks to be a while I gave it 4.

Ryan Matthews (46)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Brought my son who is 6 and daughter who is 12. Took the yellow trail that lead to the river, the trail was pretty easy, follows the creek most of the way then up the side of a hill and you could see the creek from the top at a few points. On the way back from the river we took the blue/orange trail back, it followed right beside the creek, had a few points where it got rough, our dog got roughed up a little bit from slipping on the rocks but the kids made it just fine, there are two different points that were good for taking a dip in the creek so we took advantage of that. We made it back to the road with the intention of following the blue trail on the other side but the kids were exhausted. We did see a couple of small snakes, non-poisonous though so nothing to worry about. Really enjoyed this trail and will be coming back!

Brandon Schlosser (124)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Love this trail. Great for taking a dip on a hot day.

William T. (42)

We love this trail. You can go high or low and on either side of the creek. It is scenic and beautiful. We have hiked this probably 5 times and every time was awesome.

Brad Clark (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

great trail! my son and I have completed this loop numerous times, it's always an adventure.

Juan Salazar (43)

8 Completed1 Reviews

Devin Hoeckel (57)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great loop for technical trail running. I parked right at the river and took the lower trail (blue blaze) along the creek. When you are getting close to the Susquehanna (before it steeply descends) you'll see a white blazed trail to your right, that's the return high trail. If you go down to the river, cross the tracks and you are on the shore. You have to retrace your steps back up the hill till you get to the white blazed high trail. The lower is technical if you are running but fun. The high trail is single track and smooth if you want to get in to the flow.

Joshua S. (38)

We had a fantastic time, even with some hiking-reluctant kids in tow. The stream, as well as all the rocks and logs to climb on, quickly won them over. Not overly challenging, but enough work to keep it interesting. Beautiful place.

Kevin F (38)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Thoroughly enjoyed the hike. Plenty of spots to stop along the creek and let the dogs run and take some nice pictures.

My buddy had his 6 month old son in a chest carrier, that was probably a little aggressive for this trail.

Can't wait to get back again.

Annie Frazier (1030)

12 Completed12 Reviews

Loved this hike! Bring your swimsuits and be ready for lots of water crossings! A group of 7 of us came here for this hike over the weekend. The blue and yellow trails meander along the creek, with plenty of spots for hopping in to cool down, and beautiful rock waterfall formations along the way.

The trail is pretty rocky and narrow at spots, but we saw plenty of kids out and about. It wasn't completely easy-mode but it wasn't majorly challenging either (perfect for a sunday hike after a night of camping and imbibing). A beautiful opening out onto the Susquehanna is your prize at the end of the trail.

The only challenge about this spot is the tiny parking lot. But overall, that led to a less crowded-than-expected trail. Be warned that they do tow along the road!