Tucquan Glen Loop

#1 of 3 trails in Holtwood Recreation Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Family and dog-friendly loop hike mostly along a beautiful stream

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sam Gonce (190)

6 Completed1 Reviews

What can I say what a Amazing trail! My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our first hike on this trail. We stopped for pictures a lot and met quite a few nice people and their dogs even on this cold late fall day. The Hike was fairly easy, a lot of blown down trees altered the trail in spots but nothing that drastic. We will have to come back during the Spring/Summer to enjoy this trail and all it has to offer.

Randy Witt (148)

2 Completed2 Reviews

My wife and I brought our beagle on our first hike at Tucquan Glen. This quickly became our favorite hike. We followed the blue trail down the left, or south side. There are a few places where the trail gets a little tough but those spots are short. We saw a lot of other dogs enjoying the beautiful day but too bad some owners are not very responsible in cleaning up after their dog. At the railroad bridge at the river the trail loops back up the north side of the creek. The trail becomes yellow/blue. Our GPS measured the loop at 2.34 miles and two hours. We did stop for pictures frequently and chatted for awhile with other hikers. We will absolutely return to this beautiful trail.

Amanda W. (45)

Beautiful fun and fairly easy hike. Very scenic with easy to follow, clearly marked trails!

Dave Kerwood (73)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome trail, a lot of fun and contains varied conditions. **BEWARE** copperhead snakes found on this trail. We found encountered them in the brush, leafy areas. Just a tip. Be safe!

Dave Hollis (87)

3 Completed1 Reviews

This place was AMAZING. With so many great visuals in terms of scenery (rock formations, waterfalls, forest foliage), this hike has clearly been a new favorite. Very photographic and physically challenging…. LOVE it!!

Jason Didden (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

One of our favorite hikes. The stream keeps the kids interested and it's a perfect length for our 6 and 8 yo's. They wear bathing suits and water shoes and "hike the stream."

Brad Clark (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

awesome hike. great for kids.excellent scenery

Kristyn Zaenglein (47)

2 Completed2 Reviews

I love this trail. The markings were questionable in some spots, but backtracking was enjoyable. I have 12 year old twin girls and a 5 year old lab that loved this trail as well. They loved walking through the stream. We went on a holiday weekend and the small parking area was overly full. So pretty and very shady. A perfect family hike for those that are physically capable. It's not a rail trail and definitely not flat. No special gear is needed though, just shoes that have traction.

Kendall Geary (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

We tried to visit these trail on the 4th of July and it was CLOSED due to construction.

Teri Butkiewicz (57)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I really loved this trail. Many places to go into the creek which is great for kids or hot summer days. I was going to bring my 7 year old and watch her closely, as going back up the trail is a little technical. I would not recommend it for smaller kids. Watch for road closings, we went to hike it yesterday and Water Road was closed in this area so we had to hike another trail.

Support