Turkey Run Loop

#1 of 1 trails in Turkey Run Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Great river views plus stream, falls and woods

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jane Doe (110)

7 Completed3 Reviews

AD H. (790)

Good hike except for the loiterers.

Lauren Giovanni (278)

24 Completed5 Reviews

I have run here a couple of times and am glad I didn't have the issues mentioned below. There are usually other people walking the trail. The trail is short and easy.

Chris Woods (305)

6 Completed2 Reviews

While I didn't notice some of the issues mentioned by other reviewers, the main issue I had was that this is one of the worst marked trails I've ever been on. That said, the geology and the views of the Potomac are great, and it provides a little bit of a workout. With all the rocks, I'd imagine this trail is a bit better before all the leaves start coming down in the fall.

Abigail Stone (98)

3 Completed3 Reviews

I do not recommend this trail. When you arrive, expect to see some older gay men cruising near the bathrooms. This park and trail is a very well known cruising spot. Inherently, I have no problem with this, but it does tend to make you a bit paranoid about what will be around the next turn... In addition, a large portion of the trail is so near the beltway that the sound of traffic drowns out any and all nature sounds. You even hike underneath the road at one point. The hike itself is easy to moderate, and there is one place with a small waterfall just beside the Potomac that was actually quite nice to sit and enjoy, but that small piece of quiet and beauty did not make the rest of the trail worth it.

I.m. P. (8261)