Great Blue Hill Trail

#2 of 5 trails in Blue Hills Reservation

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Great Blue Hill Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Milton, Massachusetts and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until November.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Gary Belastock (81)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Short, fun and nice views. Good for kids

Brandon Walsh (151)

19 Completed2 Reviews

Azeez Gaurav Swarup (82)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was the 1st hike I had with my 4 month old daughter. Car parking is right across the street from the police station. We started at the office , and took the Wolcott path for 0.4 miles, then went south to reach the skyline trail south. We were thinking that should we go ahead straight and take the blue easier trail which was longer , or take the shorter black trail which was shorter (the skyline trail south). We decided for the shorter as the sun was about to set, but did not realize that it would be a little tricky. It's a very beautiful trail but the last 0.2 mile was steep and a bit difficult with a kid. We enjoyed the hike a lot and would go back again for sure !!

Lauren Fisher (37)

Great trail for family

Jeremy Gordon (125)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Fun trail...I usually do it as part of the skyline trail, but this is a great for an easier, shorter hike.

Robert Njuguna (179)

2 Completed2 Reviews

This trail is slightly challenging for a person getting back into hiking. I followed the blue markers starting from the Park Headquarters with a steep ascent to Hancock hill which had a nice view. I followed the blue trail to Elliot tower at Great Blue Hill. The top of the tower gives a spectacular view. I then followed the Wildcat trail via Houghton hill to park headquarters. The trail was well marked and maintained. There were not too many people when I visited. The views were nice but would be better in the fall. I will visit again most likely in the fall.

Arindam Ghosh (112)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Very well maintained sanctuary, friendly & informative staff, great place for bird lovers

Nora and Peter R. (2225)

89 Completed31 Reviews

Nice moderate trail, but so crowded. We go there only if we have no time to drive to New Hampshire. The views are very average for New England; cannot even be remotely compared with Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire trails.

Austin Brown (248)

11 Completed3 Reviews

Not a single complaint about this place. The hikes a little challenging but nothing you can't handle and the views are great. There was a TON of people when I went but hey can't change that.

Derek LaFlamme (113)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great views. If you manage to go off the main path (and away from most of the other people) you'll likely see many species of birds. There are a good amount of ponds and streams here, and many more miles of paths than listed.

Support