Needham Town Forest

Needham, MA
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Needham Town Forest is a 2 mile loop trail located near Needham, Massachusetts that features a great forest setting. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking.

Person_placeholder

N/A:

1 Completed 1 Reviews

When I was a kid in the 60's it was called High Rock Woods. My friends and I owned it and we made our own trails. High Rock Pond was where we learned about wildlife. It sounds rather crowded and small now. I am glad that is not called High Rock Estates, with no trees and full of over-priced houses.

Icon_ff2cd555bd575d4f832f0802d72a0307

N/A:

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Needham Town Forest is a small gem, hemmed in my suburban Needham. At 200 acres, this is not a huge place. However, there are many bike trails that were added by NEMBA. High Rock is very fun to climb. It is not huge, but it is easy to climb without a top rope or any other gear. The park has somewhat of a caretaker, a retired design engineer from Boston who has placed tiny birdhouses on trees with color coded roofs to denote the trail. He has also created "Martini Junction" which is a beautiful area with a bench, bird feeders, and a complete train set. Out in the middle of the woods! The attention to detail is phenominal.

Nothing terribly difficult from a terrain perspective but lots of rock faces to climb on. If you are looking for a new place to hike, this is a great one.

Support