Midland City Forest Trail

Midland, MI

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Midland City Forest Trail is located near Midland, Michigan. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Alexandria Barbu (260)

7 Completed7 Reviews

I grew up coming to City Forest for walking, skiing, and sledding. It remains one of my favorite places to go when I want to get out in the woods. The bike trails are fantastic for running and hiking in the summer and fall and the skiing trails are beautiful and kept fairly well-groomed in the winter. Their facilities for sledding, skating, and tobogganing make this a popular winter sports destination and for good reason. The chalet is wonderful for warming up, grabbing some popcorn and hot cocoa, or for holding events. I had my high school graduation party here and it was great. I am biased, though, being that City Forest was a part of my childhood.

Glen C. (441)

It Is one of my favorite trail systems. The single tracks are a bit narrow going around the corners and a fair number of roots, they keep you on your toes. Have fun out on the trails.

Nathan Smith (354)

4 Completed2 Reviews

One of the most well taken care of trails I've ridden. Some fun man made obstacles on the gnu loop. Not a real tough trail endurance wise but I'm use to more hills since I live in NC. Although its been rainy lately the trail wasn't too muddy.

Fred McGill (369)

9 Completed9 Reviews

Joe's review sums up this trail nicely. Trail builders made great use of the terrain they had to work with. A bit more technical than I usually like, City Forest will help you keep your bike handling skills sharp.

Joe Rau (121)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great mountain biking trial that offers a variety of obstacles. It offers plenty of climbs and drops, a few jumps, ladder bridges, a sawed in half tree, rocks, and many other man made obstacles. If you are a beginner you can stick to the cross country trails, however the more advanced bikers will love the single tracks. The trail also drains well after rain, and the muddy spots mostly have mats or blocks down to ride on. My favorite trail in the Great Lakes Bay Region!

Support