Clark Creek Primitive Trail

Woodville, MS

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $3.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Rachel Gniady (81)

3 Completed3 Reviews

So far this is the best trail I have been able to find within a reasonable distance from NOLA. When you get there, it's a little confusing bc the trail is not marked well. Just ask someone which way to the falls and they'll point you down to the creek bed and the falls. We saw quite a few other hikers out at this trail and talked to others who said its quite popular. 5 waterfalls over all and the water is nice and cool even in the heat of summer. If you like to hike and live in southern Louisiana or Mississippi this is a must do! Don't forget to bring a couple of $1's. There's and honor box at the trail head.

Cassie Bertrand (73)

2 Completed2 Reviews

This trail is absolutely amazing! We went on a Saturday, so it was a little crowded, but nothing uncomfortable. Upon entering the trail, another hiker gave us their map and told us to follow the creek instead of following the actual trail and that was the best advice he could have given us. We jumped into the creek at the first available spot and followed it all the way through. The waterfalls make you feel like you are in the North somehow. Recommend it to anyone who is near here. There is also a Tunica campground near it thats a pretty nice camping spot to hang up at for the night.

Megan Bumeder (49)

Olivia Riccio (40)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful and our dog had a great time

Joe King (337)

7 Completed3 Reviews

A hidden treasure. Wish people would clean up after themselves a bit more though.

Lindey LaFleur (80)

3 Completed2 Reviews

well worth the 3 hour drive for me. The trail is hard to follow and a few point because it it not well marked but it is worth the search. absolutely gorgeous, just be ready for a rough hike!

Blake Luquette (694)

5 Completed4 Reviews

We really enjoyed ourselves. Very nice!

Cody Huesers (271)

6 Completed6 Reviews

Awesome hike.

Katie Corley (97)

1 Completed1 Reviews

A group of friends and I went this summer, it was really cool down in the river beds walking to the falls. Definitely bring some chacos to walk the trails in because I took my tennis shoes off to walk in the water and the rocks just got annoying to walk on after a bit. There's also horse flies, we rubbed mud on our skin to keep them away! There's several beautiful falls, this place is truly a hidden gem.

Byron Lewis (79)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Clark Creek, is a little slice of northern terrain for the south. With some moderate climbs, and beautiful waterfalls its a Wonderland for anyone. The honor box is now 4 dollars. Still the most value for 4 dollars I've ever seen. Definitely bring water and a snack along with you. I've hiked this whole area 4 times, looking at about 4.5 hours. Be prepared, the last leg of the journey to the parking lot is all up hill.

Support