Clark Creek Primitive Trail

MODERATE
Woodville, MS
Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, MS that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash birding hiking nature trips walking forest river waterfall bugs scramble
Hide Map

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $3.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries. The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

Ross Dugal

1 Completed1 Reviews

Excellent hiking. Moderate difficulty with tons of uphill hiking and waterfalls. Best hiking around in the south.

Dallas Guidry

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail! Unbelievable cliffs for being in south Mississippi!

Laramie McLain

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was amazing! So very beautiful! Nature at the finest!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

Rachel Pilley

1 Completed1 Reviews

Was a beautiful trail.... Was definitely intense at times but the waterfalls were amazing.. Bring water shoes!

Melissa Doster

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great trail! We did 5 miles in 4.5 hours. Intense at times but highly recommend!

Carrie Chase

4 Completed1 Reviews

Laura Bartnicki

4 Completed4 Reviews

Patty Lagron

Shannon Womack

1 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty intense for an out of shape forty-something couple. A little crowded, but beautiful.

David Click

4 Completed4 Reviews

This was a fun trail. I went in early Feb. The weather was perfect. There are a few up and downs to climb. The scenery is very nice. We got there Sunday morning about 9:00AM. There were a few cars there. Only saw a few other people on the primitive trail. When we left around noon or so the parking lot was packed and cars were lined up along the road. I believe most people were just hanging around that first waterfall and in the creek. Will definitely go back.

Rashael Hawkins

2 Completed2 Reviews

This was my first time ever hiking and I loved it! I went with my brother and sister who had already hiked the trail before. We also took my daughter and niece who are 13 and 14 years old. We did 6.2 miles in 4 hours 52 minutes. We did add some time and mileage to our trip by hiking in and then back out of trails. It was a beautiful day in March not to hot and not to cold. There was quite a bit of steep up and downs along the primitive trail. I would recommend waterproof hiking boots after a hard rain, a walking pole and about 2 liters of drinking water. We hiked it pretty much non stop taking a 15 minute lunch break at one of the waterfalls. This was a good workout! We want to build up to hiking it twice in one day.

David Little

Rigorous and fun.

Paris Fisher

Diane Gonzales

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked Saturday and Sunday. The rain Saturday night changed the creek and falls so it was like hiking a new trail. Love following the creek bed and hanging out at the waterfalls.

Beverly Spell

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trails. Signs could be better.

Luke Gagnard

1 Completed1 Reviews

The trip was great, and a little more rigorous than we all thought it was going to be. The waterfalls were awesome! The water was a little chilly, but still enjoyable. We picked a perfect day to go out there, and we'll be definitely be going back and spending the night next time we go.

Chantell Tassin

1 Completed2 Reviews

Was there last weekend took many pictures had a great time,when we got home I was going through our pictures and one of my pictures had something in the woods staring at us, never seen when we took picture but it is in the picture I took. Not sure if it's a person or ghost, it look like a person in a blue r purple shirt and shorts, but we can see through arms and legs, everyone we have showed picture to has freaked out and said it's a ghost, does anyone have strange pictures or know if ghost are in these woods??? I am trying to post this picture but I can't seem to

Chantell Tassin

1 Completed2 Reviews

Tara Lusignan

6 Completed6 Reviews

Great spot! There are three seperate trails. We took a picture of the map up front and it worked well. Throughout the years, I have done all 3 trails. I enjoy the primitive, but we could never find the waterfalls. The creek bed trail is fun and leads to the bottom of the falls. There wasn't much water to swim in this time, but it was a nice break from the heat to dip under.

Rachel Gniady

5 Completed3 Reviews

So far this is the best trail I have been able to find within a reasonable distance from NOLA. When you get there, it's a little confusing bc the trail is not marked well. Just ask someone which way to the falls and they'll point you down to the creek bed and the falls. We saw quite a few other hikers out at this trail and talked to others who said its quite popular. 5 waterfalls over all and the water is nice and cool even in the heat of summer. If you like to hike and live in southern Louisiana or Mississippi this is a must do! Don't forget to bring a couple of $1's. There's and honor box at the trail head.