Clark Creek Primitive Trail

MODERATE
l>
Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 4.3 mile loop trail located near Woodville, MS that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash birding hiking nature trips walking bugs forest river scramble waterfall
Hide Map

The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

Diane Gonzales

1 Completed1 Reviews

Hiked Saturday and Sunday. The rain Saturday night changed the creek and falls so it was like hiking a new trail. Love following the creek bed and hanging out at the waterfalls.

Beverly Spell

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trails. Signs could be better.

Luke Gagnard

1 Completed1 Reviews

The trip was great, and a little more rigorous than we all thought it was going to be. The waterfalls were awesome! The water was a little chilly, but still enjoyable. We picked a perfect day to go out there, and we'll be definitely be going back and spending the night next time we go.

Chantell Tassin

1 Completed2 Reviews

Was there last weekend took many pictures had a great time,when we got home I was going through our pictures and one of my pictures had something in the woods staring at us, never seen when we took picture but it is in the picture I took. Not sure if it's a person or ghost, it look like a person in a blue r purple shirt and shorts, but we can see through arms and legs, everyone we have showed picture to has freaked out and said it's a ghost, does anyone have strange pictures or know if ghost are in these woods??? I am trying to post this picture but I can't seem to

Chantell Tassin

1 Completed2 Reviews

Tara Lusignan

6 Completed6 Reviews

Great spot! There are three seperate trails. We took a picture of the map up front and it worked well. Throughout the years, I have done all 3 trails. I enjoy the primitive, but we could never find the waterfalls. The creek bed trail is fun and leads to the bottom of the falls. There wasn't much water to swim in this time, but it was a nice break from the heat to dip under.

Rachel Gniady

3 Completed3 Reviews

So far this is the best trail I have been able to find within a reasonable distance from NOLA. When you get there, it's a little confusing bc the trail is not marked well. Just ask someone which way to the falls and they'll point you down to the creek bed and the falls. We saw quite a few other hikers out at this trail and talked to others who said its quite popular. 5 waterfalls over all and the water is nice and cool even in the heat of summer. If you like to hike and live in southern Louisiana or Mississippi this is a must do! Don't forget to bring a couple of $1's. There's and honor box at the trail head.

Cassie Bertrand

2 Completed2 Reviews

This trail is absolutely amazing! We went on a Saturday, so it was a little crowded, but nothing uncomfortable. Upon entering the trail, another hiker gave us their map and told us to follow the creek instead of following the actual trail and that was the best advice he could have given us. We jumped into the creek at the first available spot and followed it all the way through. The waterfalls make you feel like you are in the North somehow. Recommend it to anyone who is near here. There is also a Tunica campground near it thats a pretty nice camping spot to hang up at for the night.

Megan Bumeder

Olivia Riccio

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful and our dog had a great time