Clifty Creek Natural Area Trail

MODERATE
l>
Clifty Creek Natural Area Trail is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Dixon, MO that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding camping hiking forest river rocky views wild flowers
Hide Map

A very scenic 2.5 mile loop hiking trail leads from the conservation area parking lot to the natural bridge and back. A hiker can choose to take the loop, or can choose to go and come from the arch via the same trail portion. The trail has an intersection one-tenth of a mile from the parking lot. The right fork in the trail is an additional one mile to the arch; if you choose the left fork the arch is 1.4 miles away - one way. Both forks are very scenic and traverse some very interesting natural features.

T K

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! Had a blast with my two older sons and 3 big dogs. Plenty of rocky hills and numerous places to stop and enjoy the creek and views. Will definitely do it again.

Josh Smith

1 Completed1 Reviews

My wife and I took our dog out on a Sunday afternoon hike and had a pleasant experience. The trail is well maintained. One thing to note is that they do allow hunting within the area so I recommend wearing bright colors to make sure you don't get mistaken for a deer... or Sasquatch. We encountered one hunter along the trail and had a nice conversation, he was very respectful and informed us he would be hunting outside of the trails area as to ensure our safety. I would highly recommend this as a nice 1-1.5 hour adventure to anybody looking to wander around in the woods a bit and see a cool rock formation.

Robert Reardon

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great little day hike for the fall, cool bridge and some fun climbing.

Ellen Duckwall

1 Completed1 Reviews

Short trail but very well maintained. Does not have any spectacular view points but great for a trail run or an excuse to get out in nature.

Gina Frazier

10 Completed1 Reviews

Perfect hike if you are looking to get some peace and quiet in nature. Dog friendly, which is a plus for me and my furry hiking partner.

Paul Stetekluh

1 Completed1 Reviews

Lots of fun, the bridge is super awesome!

Kristine Harlan

Great hiking trail!

Felicia Pittman

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike with natural bridge being approximately the mid point. Prepare for wet feet. I personally wouldn't suggest this for small children (4 and under) they could tire very easily.

Susie Baldwin

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great afternoon hike. Exceptional maintained trails. Your feet will get wet! Natural bridge great place to take a break!

Doug Neidholdt

556 Completed592 Reviews

Just returned to this special scenic area. Nice short 2.5 mile hike on a wonderfully laid out and maintained trail. The natural bridge is only one of four that I am aware of in the state. Must see.