MoPac Trail (Springfield)

Springfield, NE

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

MoPac Trail (Springfield) is a 9.5 mile point-to-point trail located near Springfield, Nebraska and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking, trail running & walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

James Elliott (25624)

120 Completed63 Reviews

I started my journey on the MoPac Springfield Trail in Springfield itself. There is a dedicated parking lot to the south of the Springfield Soccer Complex on Platteview Road, just east of 144th Street. I first took the trail north 3.1 miles where it dead-ended at Schram Road. With the exception of about a half mile of paved track near the Soccer Complex, the entire trail is crushed gravel and rock, a fairly easy ride. From the north end, I traveled south to the Platte River (Louisville), then back north again to Springfield, where I parked. I'm excited for the completion of this trail so one can go all the way from Omaha to Lincoln on a single trek. There were nice views on this trail, including rolling fields and a river. The trail doesn't completely go through Springfield, so I just rode on the streets heading south until I met up with it again. One can easily figure it out by looking at a map, or even just guessing.

Support