Gold Strike Hot Spring

#1 of 40 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Gold Strike Hot Spring is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features hot springs. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

4.0 miles Out & Back
hiking hot springs
Hide Map

Nick Field

4 Completed3 Reviews

Best hike to do in a morning. Its great fun and has some challenges and obstacles. You need to be able to pull your body weight up or have a smidge of rock climbing ability. Its completely do able, so dont let what I am saying deter you. You can do it.

Madonna Hakim

4 Completed1 Reviews

Dan S

29 Completed20 Reviews

Kathy Schultz

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great trail not easy but lots of fun a good group hike

Ariel Verbitzky

1 Completed1 Reviews

I had a great time and this was my first hike. And the trail was almost too much for me. I wish I would have brought protection for my shins and knees cause I hit myself a couple of times on the way down so that made my trip back up that much harder. And considering that I'm not in good shape, our group took 3 hours one way and another three hours back to the trailhead. An overall good time.

Klaudia Cetnarska

14 Completed3 Reviews

Beautiful hike. Take plenty of water and watch for snakes. The trail takes about 3 hours one way.

Heather McCourt

26 Completed15 Reviews

Steve Sorenson

5 Completed5 Reviews

Great hike close to Vegas. It used to be a local secret. Trail head is difficult to find but that has kept the numbers of hikers down. The hot springs make this hike along with rope climbs that are great for beginning scramblers. At the end is the river and off the trails are spots to do small jumps off rocks into river. Definitely not a hike suitable during the summer because of the heat

Carl Parker

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great hike & has several hot pools. Keep in the trail is CLOSED from May 29, 2015 thru September 08, 2015 because of the heat danger to hikers, mainly those who underestimate nature. This is the second year in a row the National Parks have closed the trail.

Leslie Keele