Gold Strike Hot Spring

#1 of 40 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Gold Strike Hot Spring is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features hot springs. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Carl Parker (12)

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great hike & has several hot pools. Keep in the trail is CLOSED from May 29, 2015 thru September 08, 2015 because of the heat danger to hikers, mainly those who underestimate nature. This is the second year in a row the National Parks have closed the trail.

Leslie Keele (236)

8 Completed9 Reviews

Shawna Witt (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Out of all the hikes I have done, this one is my favorite. It has walking, bouldering, and several ropes for rappelling down. But in the end, it is completely worth it because not only are there several hot springs large enough to relax in, but the trail ends at the Colorado River just beyond the Hoover Dam.

Matt Bentley (39)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike, do early and like others have mentioned, bring a lot of water. I saw a number of people that didn't bring enough water. Another thing, pick up your trash people, I was upset to see so many empty bottles and trash. I had trouble finding the place. The directions the site gave me sent me and my Ford Fusion down a dirt road that turned into a 4 wheel road. NOT COOL. Once I got there and down the trial a bit, it was all worth it. And the river at the bottom, priceless!

Ederson Garmendia (121)

john ramos (412)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Have done this trail twice in the last 4 weeks. As much as I am "out of shape" it really kicked my butt, BUT I will do it again soon. Challenging on the way back out but with the friendliness and helpfulness of fellow hikers I made it. It would be nice though if everyone would bring their empty beverage containers back out with them instead of dropping them between the rocks. Otherwise, I strongly recommend this to everyone.

Justen Gordon (74)