Gold Strike Hot Spring

#1 of 40 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Gold Strike Hot Spring is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features hot springs. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Person_placeholder

2 Completed 1 Reviews

It was a great hike! Pretty strenuous so be prepared. About 9 miles total. It was very rewarding to take a swim In the river and hot springs. We ran out of water on the way back and got very lost. There're aren't signs on the trail so pay attention on the way back. We went about 1.5 miles out of the way which was pretty scary. Would definitely do it again but maybe leave markers to find our way back.

15 Completed 3 Reviews

This is a great hike. I can't believe the other reviewers who thought it was 8 miles round trip. Going down was the easy part. Spent some time in the Colorado river at the bottom. I think that there a total of 6 ropes which were easy to navigate both down and up on the way back. There were some ducks. The return trip is all uphill which might seem longer but it is not. I cannot believe all of the trash, socks, a shoe and even a towel that people have discarded on this trail. If you are not going to pick up after yourself then you should stay at home.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Took the Fam. That Includes a 12yr old, a 6yr old and an 8yr old.
My Kids Had Absolute Fun!!
They loved climbing down the trail with Ropes,(with Adult supervision n Help) .
They were jumping And Climbing Up Big Boulders, got to see lots of Lizards. And sum Trashed n Smashed Vehicles when first arriving...
They enjoyed Getting Soaked from waist down during the hike and Fully Wet once he hit the open water, and its also where you get a view of the Bridge.
Enjoyed A light snack, fed some ducks.
Great Hike back,
But ran out of water 2/3 the way bak to the car, in the ever so tiring Gravel, So Bring that Extra Water!!!
I Recommend people NOT throw their Trash under Empty spaces between Boulders...
Its Tacky n Disrespectful.
But Overall, a Workout Hike Absolutely!!!
Its Worth It!!!

14 Completed 8 Reviews

Prepare for 9.2 miles, not 4 as it states. My group went all the way to the Colorado River and it was well worth it. Soaked in the natural hot springs and it was amazing! Wear your bathing suit :) Also wear gloves for gripping and pants or knee pads, you'll be on all fours often. There are 6 or 7 ropes you'll use to get down/up rocks so work on your upper body strength ;) This is the ultimate hiker's hike. Difficult to strenuous and beautiful.

47 Completed 42 Reviews

His hike was 9.2 miles all the way to the river and back. Strenuous hike! Be prepared to use both feet and both hands all at once. Not for small children or small dogs unless you plan to carry them a large portion of the way. Beautiful everywhere you turn. I've never seen a hot river before! Hot water oozes out of a mountainside. There are waterfalls and hot pools all different shades of green and blue. Blue skies, yellow wildflowers are abundant right now in march. Enjoy yourselves, bring 2 liters of water and snacks :)

30 Completed 22 Reviews

Much longer than 4 miles...more like 8 round trip. Tons of rock climbing, rope climbing but all worth it at the end! Amazing hot springs! We had 5 of us and got a pool all too ourselves! And then a little more hike down to the river. Tiring but worth it!

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Omg, amazing! Best hike I have been on yet! I love how challenging it was and the view was breathtaking! Will definitely hike this trail several Sunday mornings in the future!

Icon_da246d6533b7b04cb565a4f6ac6e4316

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Beyond beautiful ! This is a must! It is a bit difficult but well worth is and breathe taking words can not describe the beauty of this place !

4 Completed 3 Reviews

This trail is great and when the water is running talk about perfect bath water! Fun for most hikers just don't be afraid to go running and jumping along the rocks!

13 Completed 12 Reviews

8 of us just finished this hike...We went down to the Colorado River and back...My phone died at 4.5 miles on the way out...So I think we went 5.5 or even 6 miles round trip... Loved the Hike for sure...Even if we all got Bumps and Bruises...

If you plan on going take plenty of water...We ran out on the way out...Had to send the teenagers ahead and back...To bring us some water...

Support