Gold Strike Hot Spring

#1 of 40 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Gold Strike Hot Spring is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Boulder City, Nevada that features hot springs. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Leslie Keele (236)

8 Completed9 Reviews

Shawna Witt (38)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Out of all the hikes I have done, this one is my favorite. It has walking, bouldering, and several ropes for rappelling down. But in the end, it is completely worth it because not only are there several hot springs large enough to relax in, but the trail ends at the Colorado River just beyond the Hoover Dam.

Matt Bentley (39)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome hike, do early and like others have mentioned, bring a lot of water. I saw a number of people that didn't bring enough water. Another thing, pick up your trash people, I was upset to see so many empty bottles and trash. I had trouble finding the place. The directions the site gave me sent me and my Ford Fusion down a dirt road that turned into a 4 wheel road. NOT COOL. Once I got there and down the trial a bit, it was all worth it. And the river at the bottom, priceless!

Ederson Garmendia (121)

john ramos (412)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Have done this trail twice in the last 4 weeks. As much as I am "out of shape" it really kicked my butt, BUT I will do it again soon. Challenging on the way back out but with the friendliness and helpfulness of fellow hikers I made it. It would be nice though if everyone would bring their empty beverage containers back out with them instead of dropping them between the rocks. Otherwise, I strongly recommend this to everyone.

Justen Gordon (74)

Nick Bercier (90)

3 Completed4 Reviews

Rachel Meadows (207)

11 Completed1 Reviews

This was a beautiful hike down to the Colorado River. The hot springs are so pretty and the view and swim in the river at the end is amazing!

Fortunately, I read the reviews ahead of me and we came prepared with plenty of fluids and we left in the morning while there was still a lot of cloud cover. I was able to do the full hike 20 weeks pregnant, but I've also hiked my whole life and been a climber for 8 years. You need a decent amount of upper body strength to shimmy up and down boulders, there are some ropes along the way to assist you.

I would not recommend this hike for a newbie hiker!! We actually came upon someone on our way back who was in severe heat exhaustion due to lack of fluids (probably poor fitness level and some other issues as well) and helped her until EMS came to take over. Do NOT go on this hike unprepared!!! The threat of exhertional heat stroke due to dehydration is very real and very serious!!!

Support