Gold Strike Hot Spring Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 35 trails in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
true
Gold Strike Hot Spring Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Boulder City, NV that features hot springs. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

hiking hot springs
Hide Map

Luis Cosme

thing to bring
water shoes for water. pointy rocks sharp rocks at the river.
plenty of water and snacks
sun screen
gloves
goggles if you wanna see in the water

this hike has 8 rope climb down none of them are not difficult but the last 1
rope need maintain and for,asome people might be hard getting back up.

moderate hike.

Brittney Masek

3 Completed0 Reviews

love this hike. So beautiful!

Michael Yingling

4 Completed0 Reviews

Kristi Sullivan

Cody Peters

5 Completed0 Reviews

Irenett Calderon

3 Completed0 Reviews

My partner and I thought we would get lost in the trail but with the arrows showing us where to go, it was easy to go through it. It was challenging at first as this is our first time but it was all worth when we reached the river.

When we were returning to the trailhead, it was getting hot so it required tons of energy. We recommend to go early morning and bring tons of water in case you stay longer.

Hannah F.

Fun, even with kids. It's a little challenging, but totally worth the hike. there were beatific views all around.

Nancy HIRDLER

4 Completed0 Reviews

8 rope climbs along the path. You can move mountains after this hike!

Martha Panduro

1 Completed0 Reviews

This trail is great!. Bring plenty of water, globes and extra dry cloths ( extra shorts, shirt and shoes). Wear hiking shoes or shoes with a good grip. Do not bring pets, the trail is difficult for pets . There is a total of 8 robes and it takes approximately 1.5 hours, from the first robe to the end of the trail. The view is amazing! Great experience.

Jay Hunt

8 Completed2 Reviews

this trail is great. just make sure you go in the winter, or start out very early. when you get to the river turn left and walk down river a bit. there is a little cave with water shooting out making a bunch of vapor in the cold air.

SS SS K

2 Completed0 Reviews

Went to Vegas for the glitter in the lights and found myself gazing on the unwritten walls of this spectacular canyons. There were plentiful to be in awe of. The spectacles on the rocks rose from the desert sand to the peak of every drop of the cliff. The few hot springs provides comfort to the sole at the end of every obstacles. Where the river begins was when our journey ends. The trek back felt like it took an entire afternoon but well worth the sweat. Be sure to bring extra H2O and leave no trash behind.

Melissa Donenick

2 Completed0 Reviews

An amazing hike with plenty of rock scrambling. Was my first difficult hike and was very impressed with the scenery. Will definitely be doing this trail again

Ashley Salazar

Glenn Huttner

Phil vinson

5 Completed0 Reviews

Fun! Beautiful views! Had a great time and a good workout!

Danielle Maneke

2 Completed0 Reviews

So much fun. Beautiful views.

Savannah Kreutzer

1 Completed0 Reviews

Just did this hike yesterday and I would definitely say go for it if you're thinking about it. My best friend and I had some trouble finding the trail head but eventually we found it. (get off highway 93 towards Arizona at exit 2 and then make a right turn and follow the dirt road down a small hill until you see threw rocks marking the trail head).

It starts off with about a mile or so of gravel rock and a couple of bigger rocks that you can easily hop over, and then you reach the first rope - here is where you need to make your decision about whether or not you're going to continue because the first rope is the easiest, in my opinion, and if you are unable to complete the first rope, then the rest of the trail is gonna be hell for you.

I'm not an experienced hiker by any means, and I'm extremely proud of myself for actually completing this hike. I'm incredibly sore and I don't think my shoulders have ever been this tense, but the hike and the view is so worth it. My advice is to bring plenty of water (mostly for the hike back up to the trail head), wear/bring water shoes if you don't like getting your feet wet because you WILL get your feet wet, bring some gloves for the ropes (my hands were raw at the end), and finally be safe, don't attempt one of the eight ropes if you don't feel 100% confident in doing so because you could get critically injured.

if you're hesitant about doing this trail, just try it out, you can always turn back if it gets too difficult (:

Josh Teter

19 Completed7 Reviews

Such a fun little hike. Wish the rope parts were bigger/longer. the way down was easy the way back sucks

Anna Taber

1 Completed0 Reviews

Awesome! I wouldn't call it easy by any chance. Especially around the boulders, but at least there are painted arrows to guide you and ropes along the major boulders to help you descent.

Logan Jones

1 Completed0 Reviews

This hike is awesome. There's a good mix of hiking and bouldering, some technical places and beautiful views. We camped overnight at the river, it was nice.