Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Gonic Trails is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Rochester, New Hampshire that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Vihitha Kommana (75)

1 Completed1 Reviews

My husband and I out of the blue decided that we have to go hiking every week and we hit Gonic trails our first week. Very basic, family and pet friendly trails. I wouldn't go here again. But would definitely recommend for any beginners like us. If you are going here please don't leave your pets or kids in the water!

Lee Warburton (136)

4 Completed3 Reviews

Very nice area. Took the Yellow trail along the river to the small falls then hooked up with the red trail to go back to the parking area. Total of about 1.6 miles. Really nice walk. Will go back again to go all the way down the yellow trail and also do the blue trail at some point.

Michael Davison (91)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Sondra LaFrance (138)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Mary Ellen Humphrey (40)

5 Completed1 Reviews

I am wondering is this the same as the Isinglass trail on Rochester Neck Road off Rt 125? If so, I have done it several times and it is easy and pretty.

William Landry (117)

3 Completed2 Reviews

What a beautiful spot! Only about a 10 minute walk from the parking lot. Nice waterfall. Interesting terrain. Only 10 minutes from my house. I will return as often as possible!

Heidi Lewis-French (80)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Cute waterfall. My Husband, little dog, and I kept on Hiking the yellow trail forever! Didn't know where it would end up so we just turned around. Decent Hike! Bumped into some other people and dogs, if your dog likes to wander keep it on a leash! One of the dogs we saw on our hike on our way out he was attacked by a porcupine! Lucky for the dog it was just his chin with the bristles, hope the poor dog will be ok!

Emily Rentz (69)

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is a nice one for families. There are 3 trails; red, blue and yellow. We stayed on the yellow trail the whole time because another reviewer thought it was the easiest, it was about 2 hours. It was nice, followed the river for the majority of the time. The waterfall is a pretty cool spot and you can play around on the rocks nearby. Yellow seems to be 3.8 miles, but be aware that it does not loop around. It comes out to a different parking area but you can get back to your car by taking a left and walking about a mile. A trail frequenter told us that the red trail is the shortest (I think the 2.5 miles the description mentions) and that is the trail that loops back around. The trails themselves are very well marked and easy to follow. I do wish there was a map at the trail head, we might have been able to see that yellow wouldn't bring us back. Regardless of being a little confused, we did have a fun time. Bring water, maybe a snack, and have a great time!

Sonya Heikkinen (150)

2 Completed1 Reviews

An easy walk/hike for any age, just as the overview states. I would say the usage is much more than 'light' though as I ran into more than a handful of other people along side their canine companions. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are quite strong and I would highly suggest bug spray. The view is beautiful though, and doesn't take very long to get there at all. An easy escape from the 'city' life next door. Even though it's part of WM, I couldn't smell the garbage or hear any of the noise from the company/road.

Conley Pendergraft (287)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Enjoyed hiking the Gonic Ponds Trail,an easy hike.I'm 66 not in the best of condition but I still finished with plenty of energy to spare. Recommend you carry lots of water,a good camera.....a snack would also be nice.... I took the Red trail to the water,joined-up with the yellow...walked up-stream to the falls.Just had a big rain storm(a hurricane) so the Falls was really flowing....seen several people along the trail...well used by families,The boys were running well ahead of Mom and Gramma. Recommend the yellow trail for families,by far the easiest. Wish I'd known that before I started.Dont delay get hiking,your doctor will love you for it !!

Support