Gonic Trails

EASY
Rochester, NH
Gonic Trails is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rochester, NH that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly fishing hiking mountain biking nature trips snowshoeing walking cross country skiing forest river waterfall bugs
Hide Map

Tori Brown

1 Completed1 Reviews

Very simple beautiful trail!

Amy Kanapesky

3 Completed1 Reviews

Great little trail... A few options and a lovely waterfall to see. Will definitely go again, our dogs loved it!

M M

4 Completed4 Reviews

Great Hike! Went with my dog. Amazing trails and water views.

Bob Kimball

Very nice
Even with children

Jed Holdeman

Peter M.

Nice easy trail, great views of the waterfall. Close to the seacoast.

Jessica Cote

Very nice.

Vihitha Kommana

2 Completed2 Reviews

My husband and I out of the blue decided that we have to go hiking every week and we hit Gonic trails our first week. Very basic, family and pet friendly trails. I wouldn't go here again. But would definitely recommend for any beginners like us. If you are going here please don't leave your pets or kids in the water!

Lee Warburton

5 Completed3 Reviews

Very nice area. Took the Yellow trail along the river to the small falls then hooked up with the red trail to go back to the parking area. Total of about 1.6 miles. Really nice walk. Will go back again to go all the way down the yellow trail and also do the blue trail at some point.

Michael Davison

6 Completed1 Reviews

Sondra LaFrance

6 Completed1 Reviews

Mary Ellen Humphrey

5 Completed1 Reviews

I am wondering is this the same as the Isinglass trail on Rochester Neck Road off Rt 125? If so, I have done it several times and it is easy and pretty.

William Landry

3 Completed2 Reviews

What a beautiful spot! Only about a 10 minute walk from the parking lot. Nice waterfall. Interesting terrain. Only 10 minutes from my house. I will return as often as possible!

Heidi Lewis-French

4 Completed1 Reviews

Cute waterfall. My Husband, little dog, and I kept on Hiking the yellow trail forever! Didn't know where it would end up so we just turned around. Decent Hike! Bumped into some other people and dogs, if your dog likes to wander keep it on a leash! One of the dogs we saw on our hike on our way out he was attacked by a porcupine! Lucky for the dog it was just his chin with the bristles, hope the poor dog will be ok!

Emily Rentz

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is a nice one for families. There are 3 trails; red, blue and yellow. We stayed on the yellow trail the whole time because another reviewer thought it was the easiest, it was about 2 hours. It was nice, followed the river for the majority of the time. The waterfall is a pretty cool spot and you can play around on the rocks nearby. Yellow seems to be 3.8 miles, but be aware that it does not loop around. It comes out to a different parking area but you can get back to your car by taking a left and walking about a mile. A trail frequenter told us that the red trail is the shortest (I think the 2.5 miles the description mentions) and that is the trail that loops back around. The trails themselves are very well marked and easy to follow. I do wish there was a map at the trail head, we might have been able to see that yellow wouldn't bring us back. Regardless of being a little confused, we did have a fun time. Bring water, maybe a snack, and have a great time!

Sonya Heikkinen

5 Completed2 Reviews

An easy walk/hike for any age, just as the overview states. I would say the usage is much more than 'light' though as I ran into more than a handful of other people along side their canine companions. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are quite strong and I would highly suggest bug spray. The view is beautiful though, and doesn't take very long to get there at all. An easy escape from the 'city' life next door. Even though it's part of WM, I couldn't smell the garbage or hear any of the noise from the company/road.

Conley Pendergraft

2 Completed1 Reviews

Enjoyed hiking the Gonic Ponds Trail,an easy hike.I'm 66 not in the best of condition but I still finished with plenty of energy to spare. Recommend you carry lots of water,a good camera.....a snack would also be nice.... I took the Red trail to the water,joined-up with the yellow...walked up-stream to the falls.Just had a big rain storm(a hurricane) so the Falls was really flowing....seen several people along the trail...well used by families,The boys were running well ahead of Mom and Gramma. Recommend the yellow trail for families,by far the easiest. Wish I'd known that before I started.Dont delay get hiking,your doctor will love you for it !!

Jennifer Merrifield

1 Completed1 Reviews

Love this , great for families and scouts.

William Spinney

1 Completed2 Reviews

Nice family Hike. Yes it is by the Waste Management site, but we didn't notice the smell or noise on a Saturday afternoon. Followed the red trail to the river and picked up the yellow trail, it ended up being a 3.4 mile hike with the last mile on a road in the sun, a little hot. Bring plenty of water.

Jesse Carlson

5 Completed6 Reviews

If you're looking to do this trail, it can be located on Rochester Neck Road (the map on this site is ambiguous about it's location, so I figured this information might help). Quick little trail in the middle of Gonic/Rochester. Though it is visually removed from both of those places, it still has the feel of being in a suburban setting, as the Waste Management treatment plant is this trail's neighbor. The beautiful sounds and smells of garbage trucks and their loads can be smelled and heard throughout this little walk. While this is not the best trail in New Hampshire, it is well suited for taking your dog for a walk, or easing your city bound friend into "nature".