Lake Massabesic Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Auburn, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Heather Mullins (43)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty easy hike. If you start at the Audubon Center pick up a trail map... you can take the Yellow trail to some of the unmarked side trails. I did this to add some distance to the hike. Beautiful and quiet scenery.

Kim Gagne (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I jog the path from where the boat landing parking lot is to the depot road every other day. Absolutely love it, the best path I have ever jogged!!! The only thing I wish is that they would mark the distance from one point to the other so we could keep track of distance. I would love to know how far I jogged... HOPE TO SEE YA OUT ON THE TRAILS!!!

Anthony Garuti (77)

2 Completed2 Reviews

It was really beautiful and good for a walk nothing challenging but very scenic

Ellen Donohue (85)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Took my son and my dog to this scenic rail trail. I definitely agree with the need for bug spray but with lake as its backdrop the possibilities are endless. if you bring a picnic lunch there are places to sit..you can walk, run, fish or mountain bike. I plan to go back on my own and run the trail.

Robert Rivard (71)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I made my trip last year. I enjoyed the scenery, the maintenance quality, the side trails and the end points that added to its natural beauty. It was also one of the longer trails that I've hiked which contributed to a day we'll spent.

Nora and Peter R. (2225)

89 Completed31 Reviews

Lovely walk, very nice views of the lake with sail boats and seagulls who are not afraid of you and come really close. Not a hike of course; just a relaxing and very pleasant walk. Plenty of parking and easy to find.

Larissa Lezama Salcedo (102)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful hike but no swimming allowed! Boggles my mind because motor boats are allowed, but humans and pets are not able to set foot/paw in the water.

Tifany Bowen (103)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike, the trails are wide, well marked, and lots of great birds! Bring bug spray.

Donavon Roberson (124)

2 Completed1 Reviews

this is a great hike for families with little ones. we have done it twice now and really enjoyed both times out.

Brian P. (240)

You need a lot of bug spray if it gets warm.

Support