Lake Massabesic Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park
Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Auburn, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

3.98 miles Loop 60 feet
Dog Friendly
birding hiking road biking dogs leash lake views
Hide Map

Todd Gladwill

6 Completed4 Reviews

Great hike! Beautiful clear day and didn't see too many people (about 5) during my 4 mile trek. Great trail that is super easy.

Jesse Roussell

1 Completed1 Reviews

I love how there are so many trails that connect around the lake.

Paul LeCain

Chris Jay

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a great ride, nice and beaten down path. A bit short even if you take side trials.

Michelle Sampson

5 Completed1 Reviews

Very nice hike with my dog today. This was my first time hiking Massabesic and the first time using the app. While I am probably the most geographically-challenged person I know (hence using the GPS), I stuck to the actual trails and in the beginning at least (maybe the first 1/2 mile or so), the tracks within the app did not line up with the actual marked trails. I parked in the lot off Spofford Road - directly across the road from the Audubon Center - and continued down the road to where the marked trail began. The overall topography is pretty flat. There are some sections with exposed tree roots to watch out for. We took the additional loop pictured within the app (towards the end of the trail) and there was some slight elevation there - but otherwise the entire trail is predominantly flat and nearly the entire length of it is wooded. The exception is part of Battery Point (the very tip/point of the tracks within the app). This is a nice area to have a rest and a snack while watching people out on the lake (There are sections of stone wall to sit on that overlook the lake). Given that it was a holiday - and due to be pretty warm - we arrived around 9:30 and only encountered maybe 10 or so people the entire time we were there.

Sherr Lynn

2 Completed2 Reviews

Trail was great. The point is a sweet destination. If you don't mind sharing the hike with a crowd, you'll be fine on this trail.

Brenda W.

I loved this trail. Beautiful views of the lake!

Aleithia Tombarelli

2 Completed2 Reviews

Hiked the mountain. Beautiful veiw

Kristen Ford

6 Completed3 Reviews

Michael C.

Easy, easy hike. Good views of the lake. Good hike in the spring or fall.