Lake Massabesic Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Auburn, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

It was really beautiful and good for a walk nothing challenging but very scenic

2 Completed 2 Reviews

Took my son and my dog to this scenic rail trail. I definitely agree with the need for bug spray but with lake as its backdrop the possibilities are endless. if you bring a picnic lunch there are places to sit..you can walk, run, fish or mountain bike. I plan to go back on my own and run the trail.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I made my trip last year. I enjoyed the scenery, the maintenance quality, the side trails and the end points that added to its natural beauty. It was also one of the longer trails that I've hiked which contributed to a day we'll spent.

Icon_

87 Completed 29 Reviews

Lovely walk, very nice views of the lake with sail boats and seagulls who are not afraid of you and come really close. Not a hike of course; just a relaxing and very pleasant walk. Plenty of parking and easy to find.

7 Completed 1 Reviews

Beautiful hike but no swimming allowed! Boggles my mind because motor boats are allowed, but humans and pets are not able to set foot/paw in the water.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Great hike, the trails are wide, well marked, and lots of great birds! Bring bug spray.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

this is a great hike for families with little ones. we have done it twice now and really enjoyed both times out.

Brian Petrie

4 Completed 5 Reviews

You need a lot of bug spray if it gets warm.

Icon_9dc22894b7f4d0966453cb576e77928c

0 Completed 3 Reviews

This place is a wonderful place to hike and see scenery. The lake views are beautiful and the trails good. You will meet all kinds of people from runners, joggers, bikers and walkers. This is a great place to take kids and pets for a day hike close to home. Also, the lake (Massabesic) has some of the best fishing in southern NH. I recommend using a boat though as the shore fishing can get crowded during Spring and Summer.

3 Completed 5 Reviews

Easily accessable, all seasons, many different trails/loops. Great for walking dog

Support