Lake Massabesic Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Auburn, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sher Lynn (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Trail was great. The point is a sweet destination. If you don't mind sharing the hike with a crowd, you'll be fine on this trail.

Brenda Weston (310)

5 Completed3 Reviews

I loved this trail. Beautiful views of the lake!

Aleithia Tombarelli (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Hiked the mountain. Beautiful veiw

Kristen Ford (303)

6 Completed3 Reviews

Michael C. (199)

Easy, easy hike. Good views of the lake. Good hike in the spring or fall.

Roger D. (85)

Heather Mullins (43)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty easy hike. If you start at the Audubon Center pick up a trail map... you can take the Yellow trail to some of the unmarked side trails. I did this to add some distance to the hike. Beautiful and quiet scenery.

Kim Gagne (56)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I jog the path from where the boat landing parking lot is to the depot road every other day. Absolutely love it, the best path I have ever jogged!!! The only thing I wish is that they would mark the distance from one point to the other so we could keep track of distance. I would love to know how far I jogged...
HOPE TO SEE YA OUT ON THE TRAILS!!!

Anthony Garuti (77)

2 Completed2 Reviews

It was really beautiful and good for a walk nothing challenging but very scenic

Ellen Donohue (193)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Took my son and my dog to this scenic rail trail. I definitely agree with the need for bug spray but with lake as its backdrop the possibilities are endless. if you bring a picnic lunch there are places to sit..you can walk, run, fish or mountain bike. I plan to go back on my own and run the trail.

Support