Lake Massabesic Trail

EASY
#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park
Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, NH that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash birding hiking mountain biking road biking trail running walking horseback riding lake views wildlife
Hide Map

Greg Gagnon
5 minutes ago

4 Completed3 Reviews

Revathi Darshan

Wayne Simpson

1 Completed1 Reviews

always a beautiful ride. but I grew up near here and have been riding the many trails for 25 years.

Faith Noël

Danielle Ashton

4 Completed4 Reviews

It was beautiful. Saw a lot of creatures and there are more trails left for me to explore. I liked the old foundations from houses long gone. I will be returning :)

Kelly McGinnis

4 Completed4 Reviews

It was awesome, got a lil turned around but it's a great place to walk.

Kelley Williams

2 Completed2 Reviews

This place has so many trails you could spend hours here. Don't forget to stop into the Audubon center, too. Great hike and even on a rainy day I stayed mostly dry due to the tree tops above.

TJ Rushton

Katie Mims

Steven Beattie

3 Completed2 Reviews

Many trails, marked well

Linda Brockelbank

10 Completed10 Reviews

Many trails awesome place !

Jacqueline Galvez

2 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful!!

Rumyana Radzhova

Todd Gladwill

6 Completed4 Reviews

Great hike! Beautiful clear day and didn't see too many people (about 5) during my 4 mile trek. Great trail that is super easy.

Jesse Roussell

5 Completed1 Reviews

I love how there are so many trails that connect around the lake.

Paul LeCain

Chris Jay

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a great ride, nice and beaten down path. A bit short even if you take side trials.

Michelle Sampson

5 Completed1 Reviews

Very nice hike with my dog today. This was my first time hiking Massabesic and the first time using the app. While I am probably the most geographically-challenged person I know (hence using the GPS), I stuck to the actual trails and in the beginning at least (maybe the first 1/2 mile or so), the tracks within the app did not line up with the actual marked trails. I parked in the lot off Spofford Road - directly across the road from the Audubon Center - and continued down the road to where the marked trail began. The overall topography is pretty flat. There are some sections with exposed tree roots to watch out for. We took the additional loop pictured within the app (towards the end of the trail) and there was some slight elevation there - but otherwise the entire trail is predominantly flat and nearly the entire length of it is wooded. The exception is part of Battery Point (the very tip/point of the tracks within the app). This is a nice area to have a rest and a snack while watching people out on the lake (There are sections of stone wall to sit on that overlook the lake). Given that it was a holiday - and due to be pretty warm - we arrived around 9:30 and only encountered maybe 10 or so people the entire time we were there.

Sherr Lynn

2 Completed2 Reviews

Trail was great. The point is a sweet destination. If you don't mind sharing the hike with a crowd, you'll be fine on this trail.

Brenda W.

I loved this trail. Beautiful views of the lake!