Lake Massabesic Trail

EASY
#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park
true
Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, NH that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash birding hiking mountain biking road biking trail running walking horses lake views wildlife
Hide Map

TJ Rushton

Katie Mims

Steven Beattie

3 Completed0 Reviews

Many trails, marked well

Linda Brockelbank

10 Completed7 Reviews

Many trails awesome place !

Jacqueline Galvez

Beautiful!!

Rumyana Radzhova

2 Completed1 Reviews

Todd Gladwill

6 Completed4 Reviews

Great hike! Beautiful clear day and didn't see too many people (about 5) during my 4 mile trek. Great trail that is super easy.

Jesse Roussell

4 Completed1 Reviews

I love how there are so many trails that connect around the lake.

Paul LeCain

Chris Jay

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a great ride, nice and beaten down path. A bit short even if you take side trials.

Michelle Sampson

5 Completed1 Reviews

Very nice hike with my dog today. This was my first time hiking Massabesic and the first time using the app. While I am probably the most geographically-challenged person I know (hence using the GPS), I stuck to the actual trails and in the beginning at least (maybe the first 1/2 mile or so), the tracks within the app did not line up with the actual marked trails. I parked in the lot off Spofford Road - directly across the road from the Audubon Center - and continued down the road to where the marked trail began. The overall topography is pretty flat. There are some sections with exposed tree roots to watch out for. We took the additional loop pictured within the app (towards the end of the trail) and there was some slight elevation there - but otherwise the entire trail is predominantly flat and nearly the entire length of it is wooded. The exception is part of Battery Point (the very tip/point of the tracks within the app). This is a nice area to have a rest and a snack while watching people out on the lake (There are sections of stone wall to sit on that overlook the lake). Given that it was a holiday - and due to be pretty warm - we arrived around 9:30 and only encountered maybe 10 or so people the entire time we were there.

Sherr Lynn

2 Completed2 Reviews

Trail was great. The point is a sweet destination. If you don't mind sharing the hike with a crowd, you'll be fine on this trail.

Brenda W.

I loved this trail. Beautiful views of the lake!

Aleithia Tombarelli

Hiked the mountain. Beautiful veiw

Kristen Ford

6 Completed3 Reviews

Michael C.

Easy, easy hike. Good views of the lake. Good hike in the spring or fall.

Roger D.

Heather Mullins

5 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty easy hike. If you start at the Audubon Center pick up a trail map... you can take the Yellow trail to some of the unmarked side trails. I did this to add some distance to the hike. Beautiful and quiet scenery.

Kim Gagne

1 Completed1 Reviews

I jog the path from where the boat landing parking lot is to the depot road every other day. Absolutely love it, the best path I have ever jogged!!! The only thing I wish is that they would mark the distance from one point to the other so we could keep track of distance. I would love to know how far I jogged...
HOPE TO SEE YA OUT ON THE TRAILS!!!

Anthony Garuti

2 Completed2 Reviews

It was really beautiful and good for a walk nothing challenging but very scenic