Lake Massabesic Trail

#1 of 3 trails in Lake Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Lake Massabesic Trail is a 4 mile loop trail located near Auburn, New Hampshire that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Chris Jay (82)

1 Completed1 Reviews

It was a great ride, nice and beaten down path. A bit short even if you take side trials.

Michelle Sampson (63)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Very nice hike with my dog today. This was my first time hiking Massabesic and the first time using the app. While I am probably the most geographically-challenged person I know (hence using the GPS), I stuck to the actual trails and in the beginning at least (maybe the first 1/2 mile or so), the tracks within the app did not line up with the actual marked trails. I parked in the lot off Spofford Road - directly across the road from the Audubon Center - and continued down the road to where the marked trail began. The overall topography is pretty flat. There are some sections with exposed tree roots to watch out for. We took the additional loop pictured within the app (towards the end of the trail) and there was some slight elevation there - but otherwise the entire trail is predominantly flat and nearly the entire length of it is wooded. The exception is part of Battery Point (the very tip/point of the tracks within the app). This is a nice area to have a rest and a snack while watching people out on the lake (There are sections of stone wall to sit on that overlook the lake). Given that it was a holiday - and due to be pretty warm - we arrived around 9:30 and only encountered maybe 10 or so people the entire time we were there.

Sherr Lynn (118)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Trail was great. The point is a sweet destination. If you don't mind sharing the hike with a crowd, you'll be fine on this trail.

Brenda W. (404)

I loved this trail. Beautiful views of the lake!

Aleithia Tombarelli (48)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Hiked the mountain. Beautiful veiw

Kristen Ford (325)

6 Completed3 Reviews

Michael C. (241)

Easy, easy hike. Good views of the lake. Good hike in the spring or fall.

Roger D. (146)

Heather Mullins (43)

6 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty easy hike. If you start at the Audubon Center pick up a trail map... you can take the Yellow trail to some of the unmarked side trails. I did this to add some distance to the hike. Beautiful and quiet scenery.

Kim Gagne (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I jog the path from where the boat landing parking lot is to the depot road every other day. Absolutely love it, the best path I have ever jogged!!! The only thing I wish is that they would mark the distance from one point to the other so we could keep track of distance. I would love to know how far I jogged...