Pawtuckaway State Park

#1 of 3 trails in Pawtuckaway State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pawtuckaway State Park is a 8 mile loop trail located near Nottingham, New Hampshire and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Ashley Peterson (333)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Beautiful views. There was a pretty steep part of the climb, but well worth it.

Ray Kluender (134)

8 Completed1 Reviews

Easy hike with a pretty last half mile or so and nice views from the peak, but most of the trail weaves between bogs and there are an ungodly number of Mosquitos.

Bring bug spray!

Dylan Stanclift (88)

3 Completed2 Reviews

love it here, fairly easy hike with great views

Aleithia Tombarelli (48)

5 Completed4 Reviews

Great but to many bugs

Caroline Macomber (297)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Robyn Skinner Wilkie (324)

7 Completed3 Reviews

I hiked from the main park entrance towards north peak, which didn't look all that far away by the map. It was much further than I expected, and trails were not all well maintained, signs were unclear- listed trail names that weren't on my map?- and there was horse manure everywhere in the middle of the trails. Tons of bugs and walking through all the overgrown grass in the trails made me worry about ticks. Someone later told me that south peak is much more enjoyable hike. Seems like a nice park and its enormous, I didn't have the time to explore more, but will definitely give it another chance.

Samantha McCarty (1972)

21 Completed19 Reviews

I've done this one many times. Great way to hang out with some friends on a hot day!

Jesse Carlson (390)

5 Completed6 Reviews

Just like my last review, I hiked the Pawtuckaway South Ridge, starting at the trailhead at Round Pound road. The little parking lot was cleared of all snow, despite the snow on the ground. The trails seemed well enough maintained. Make sure you bring crampons, though, that trail was one long sheet of ice. My only complaint was the sign after the initial hike in from Round Pound Road that should have been at Round Pound to say where the South Ridge trail was, was missing at the time of my hike. I knew the trail hugged the lake, so it was easy to find it, just a little confusing at first. The white trail blazes were easy enough to follow, and from there all the signage remained in tacked. The woods and hills with this beautiful winding trail were absolutely wonderful. I think I like this trail in the winter more than the summer. The views from the top of the South Ridge were beautiful on the sunny clear day that I hiked it. I would totally recommend this hike to anyone looking to do a relatively easy winter hike. It look me one hour and ten minutes to ascend, then one hour to descend. Oh, another thing that might be good to note: the trails were empty of other people. The only person I saw through the whole hike was a lady at the trailhead when I was done. I hiked at noon on a Tuesday.

Support