Tuckermans Ravine Mount Washington

#1 of 19 trails in mt washington state park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Classic glacial bowl, sweeping 2000 foot cliffs, skiers

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Diana Kilguss (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Megan Lofthus (253)

12 Completed9 Reviews

Jocelyne Dalrymple (57)

2 Completed2 Reviews

A great trail. Made it to the ravine twice in a month but the last time was the best. The view and cool summer breeze at the summit is absolutely something spectacular to behold. Ofcourse the trail wasn't easy or even moderate. I payed for it the day after haha. At times I was on all fours plus my behind but I finally reached the summit. Met lots of hikers/campers, dogs and kids. Yes, even 2 little boys under10yrs made it the mountain. A must see/do in your lifetime. Would definitely do it again early winter or late fall. Can't wait!

Roger Albright (605)

227 Completed6 Reviews

I love this trail - very busy though.

Geoffrey Hearn (314)

14 Completed14 Reviews

This trail is amazing. I have done it twice in my life and once from the opposite side. I must say that this is the way to go if you are going to Mount Washington for the first time. The views are spectacular.

Just make sure the weather is good and be prepared with your gear!

David Sjostedt (299)

14 Completed5 Reviews

Good trail. Late May so there was still some snow. Hard on your feet with lots of rocks if you go to the Summit. Broke off to go over Lions head and came back down Boote Spur

John Bartlett (767)

57 Completed10 Reviews

Turned out better then expected. It had snowed the night before we left. And it was overcast cold and windy in the am. By the time we reached the bowl it had turned into a beautiful day.

Dee Stowe (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Did this with our 70lb Rhodesian. Amazing hike but we were all hurting at the end. The dogs paws were a little bloodied up from the rock scramble at the end. Still very doable though, we saw other dogs on the trail. We had an ideal day though, a balmy 50deg at the top and 110mi visibility. We would do this again but would either leave the dog or buy her little trail booties to protect her paws.

Nathan Lavertue (439)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Short: it's a rock scramble in the summer and snow packed uphill grade in the winter.

Long: having done this trail in all seasons, there is a lot to say. It's tougher in the winter only because of the additional gear. But the summer isn't exactly easy. It's steep in sections and very rocky. You hike this trail for the views, the highest peak in the northeast, the right of passage (if you ski/ride) down and the pride. It's a hot tourist spot but I've seen more than my fair share of people who were not prepared. It's a mountain in New England and should be treated as such!

Overall: do this at least once in your life. It's worth it. And pick up after yourself!

Kristen Bobbitt (169)

5 Completed4 Reviews

It was a very hard & fun but very busy trail. Lots of people the whole way to the summit. I wrote a huge recap with photos of my climb up and down Mount Washing here: http://www.countryfitfamily.com/2014/08/hiking-mount-washington-nh-highest-peak-northeast.html