Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Pine Tree Trail is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Las Cruces, New Mexico that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Amir Jalil (159)

11 Completed3 Reviews

Glenn Stewart (467)

6 Completed5 Reviews

This trail has some breath taking views, and so much shade! The trees made this a better trail than anything the franklin mountains has. Take water and bug spray, it's monsoon season so the Mosquitos are annoying on this trail but other than that, totally worth the drive from El Paso.

Matthew Springer (3753)

45 Completed34 Reviews

This is one of the most scenic places you will ever see in this region. My wife is not an avid hiker like myself, but she really enjoyed this trail with the amazing views and shaded areas. The trail isn't too difficult, but you will be hiking half the trail up the Organ Needle mountain range area with the halfway point at about 6800 ft elevation.

Crystal Haggerty (62)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This trail was very well kept. This trail is great for a family outing! It is beautiful with trees everywhere! It reminded me a little of Colorado. If you have time I definitely recommend this trail.

Colton Ragsdale (115)

26 Completed2 Reviews

It was so nice to see plenty of trees with green only an hour away from El Paso. I would rank this as a "moderate" hike as well. With plenty of breaks and a halfway stop we completed the trail in around 3 hours. Saw plenty of lizards and stink bugs.

Priya Nair (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Majestic trail - so close to El Paso and Las Cruces but feels world away. A fantastic getaway and very walkable but a bit lengthy. Do bring water and maybe some snacks. Highly recommended

Bekah Gee (797)

32 Completed24 Reviews

Coming from El Paso and longing to see some trees like my native Colorado this was exactly what I was looking for without having to drive too far. It's an easy/moderate trail. You can do it but if you're a bit out of shape it will be tough during the first leg of it, don't give up though, you can do it! As always, bring plenty of water and some good snacks to eat at the half-way point. It is a really beautiful area with absolutely fantastic views. Enjoy!

Jennifer Slinkard (101)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Really nice hike with frozen waterfalls, great views, and some snow-packed trail spots that did cause some slipping and sliding. Be careful of the snow/ice. It's more "moderate" than "easy" and we (two fairly experienced hikers, but not super stars) felt tired after the hike. We saw only 3 other people on the trail, but the trail looks well-traveled and probably is busier at other times of the year.

Soraya null (1049)

35 Completed26 Reviews

A gem. One of my favorites in the area. Early to late Fall is the best time to go. My dog and I did this in September and we were blessed with full springs thanks to the rain we've received. My dog and I both enjoyed splashing around in the streams we hiked through. There are many nice features to this trail including a primitive campsite at the half point.

Janina Chives (199)

3 Completed3 Reviews

This is my favorite place to go hiking in Las Cruces. I love the views and I get a great leg work out. Lots of lunging on the way up. My dogs love it, too.

Support