Travertine Falls

#7 of 117 trails in Cibola National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Short forest hike to waterfall. Great for kids.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Amanda Farrow (136)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Took and 5,7,9 year old on the hike they enjoyed the flowers and a huge butterfly that was drinking water from the falls. We spend a lot of time in Yellowstone each year and my kids were expecting a waterfall like that in Yellowstone. I told them we live in New Mexico.. its just amazing to see water coming out of the mountain ..the little grottos were cool too. We climbed up to the top of the falls and followed 130 a short while to see were the spring was. Nice easy hike got to point out some poison ivy too.

Richard Hickey (101)

1 Completed1 Reviews

A nice easy hike in the mountains. The falls were almost non existent this time of year, but that's what I expected. A light dusting of snow during the trek. Got back to the car about an hour or so before a winter storm started in. Temps dropped from low 30's to low 20's. Wind kicked up something fierce.

Loida Howard (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful! A short perfect short hike with a two year old!

Jennifer Kelly (741)

32 Completed17 Reviews

Took my 4 year old son shortly after moving to NM. Easy hike through the forest. Waterfall (about 15 feet high) was running a little lower than I expected but he loved it nonetheless. Make sure to climb to the top to check it out from a different perspective.

Support