Anthony's Nose Trail

#2 of 11 trails in Bear Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Anthony's Nose Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Cortlandt Manor, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible from March until November.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

China Rain (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing view and fun challenging climb. Lots of climbing and alternate routes for you're individual needs... Really great my favorite hike I love it

Shawn A. (172)

I hike this trail regularly with my sons and dog and solo as well. Very close to my house and an excellent overall hike. Just the right mix of strenuous climbs, wide trail (near the top) and, of course, the views from the top.

Can get crowded in the peak season, but everyone is always friendly and I love seeing folks out enjoying the beauty of the Hudson Valley.

David R. (130)

5 Completed1 Reviews

Hike it twice & it's always a good hike to the top. View is great & nice flat rock on the top to lay down & relax for a while..

Jiale Huang (57)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Just hiked Anthony's Nose today. The hike itself is not very difficult but the view on top is amazing.

Following the trail guide from hikethehudsonvalley.com, I started from the trail head just north of Bear Mountain Bridge on 9D. It took like 90 minutes round trip.

If you are coming from the city and, like me, you don't have a car, I suggest take the train to Peekskill station, instead of the closer Manitou station. The reason for not using Manitou station is the train stops here is pretty infrequent. Plus you have to walk like 15-20 minutes on highway 9D, which is a bit scary. There're much more trains stopping at Peekskill. From there, you can take a 10-minute taxi ride to Bear Mountain Bridge and the trail head is right 1-2 minutes walk north.

Jim Hall (1400)

17 Completed16 Reviews

Very Fun hike. The trail is well marked and easy to follow. It is showing some wear & tear around the top, but I guess that is a sign of it popularity. I hiked from the Bear Mt. Bridge to the start of the Camp Smith trail (at the Historic Toll House on Rt 6). I would reverse the direction if I did the hike again. The views are much better from Anthony's Nose than further down the trail.

Kimmy Alessio (132)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Loved this hike, the view was beautiful, there were a lot of people out there... If you cross the bear mountain bridge from the palisades stay to the left toward cold spring and you'll see a bunch of cars on the side. Park there.. The directions on here had taken me to the right

Bert B. (86)

This was our first hike for the season and beings it was a long winter we didn't get out much so needles to say we were out of shape lol, the start was a butt kicker as the incline was pretty steep but got easier as we learned to pace ourselves. Beautiful scenery and great being back outdoors.

robin wallace (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

when you all say "climb" do you mean that i should bring my rock climbing shoes and a crash pad or just that it is very steep?

Brett Bergeron (589)

15 Completed15 Reviews

Rob Mian (256)

7 Completed4 Reviews

Incredible views. Fantastic workout. Be sure to wear micro spikes if it's cold.

Support