Anthony's Nose Trail

#2 of 11 trails in Bear Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Anthony's Nose Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Cortlandt Manor, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible from March until November.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Gopikrishhna Chokkalamani (233)

2 Completed3 Reviews

short trail but climbs steep _-, some very good views from the top.. and you can engage in some good photographs

Sivakumar Periasamy (86)

2 Completed3 Reviews

Great view of Bear Mt Bridge. Simple and Good trail.

Elizabeth Wasserman (281)

9 Completed12 Reviews

Short and easy to a great view. Follow white blazes and then make a right at the fork to blue blazes

Melissa Hayes (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Pretty short, fun semi challenging trail. I went right after two days of pretty heavy rain, so some of the rock scrambles and paths were still slick- but it made it all the more fun in my book! Full of pretty steep climbs and incline changes in the beginning, with a smooth hike for the latter half, and amazing views of Bear Mountain and the bridge !!!

Rich Arsenault (116)

3 Completed4 Reviews

We usually hike Breakneck , since it was raining on June 2 , 2015 we decided to Hike Anthony's Nose , which was fine with me because it was short and sweet :-)

Kate Alvarez (144)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Steep climb which leads to a most gentle hike at the top with spectacular views on the river and bear mountain bridge.

Sumi Pak (332)

24 Completed3 Reviews

Trail itself was short and unremarkable but the view up top was breathtaking!

China Rain (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Amazing view and fun challenging climb. Lots of climbing and alternate routes for you're individual needs... Really great my favorite hike I love it

Shawn A. (172)

I hike this trail regularly with my sons and dog and solo as well. Very close to my house and an excellent overall hike. Just the right mix of strenuous climbs, wide trail (near the top) and, of course, the views from the top.

Can get crowded in the peak season, but everyone is always friendly and I love seeing folks out enjoying the beauty of the Hudson Valley.

David R. (144)

5 Completed3 Reviews

Hike it twice & it's always a good hike to the top. View is great & nice flat rock on the top to lay down & relax for a while..

Support