Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Blue Mountain Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Blue Mountain Lake, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking & snowshoeing and is accessible year-round.

8 Completed 3 Reviews

4 Completed 1 Reviews

Got about 2/3 of the way up but had to turn around before I got to summit due to back problems! Not happy! But the trail was well marked. Not overly busy but met a number of people on the trail. Very rocky in spots. Be prepared to climb over boulders. Poles would have helped me but I wasn't prepared - forgot my Girl Scout rules.

5 Completed 2 Reviews

Great hike. Seems a bit longer than 4 miles round trip. View is unbelievable from the tower. Check around the cabin for a hidden item!

7 Completed 4 Reviews

I love this hike and is very special to me. I found it vey difficult as it is just s constant climb to the top , but the top is rewarding and has an amazing view of the Adirondacks. I have claimed this mountain 3 times and keep coming back.

19 Completed 16 Reviews

I have hiked this trail so many times. It is not a favorite. It's a good hike. The fire tower at the top is cool. The rewarding view does not come until you climb the fire tower which isn't that fun. The last portion of climbing has been called a "vertical sidewalk". It's not quite vertical but it can be very slippery and dangerous whether ascending or descending. Many times I have parked at the trailhead to get on the NP trail and there have been ambulances, medi-vac vans, helicopters, and other emergency vehicles there evacuating an injured hiker from Blue Mountain. There are other, better, safer hikes not too far away.

Person_placeholder

5 Completed 5 Reviews

this trail is great when it's dry! pretty steep, I had to rest a lot, but it was worth it! don't forget to check out the old cabin down behind the tower. :)

3 Completed 3 Reviews

We went early to avoid the crowds. The trail is narrow in spots. Lots of rocks. Save your energy and take lots of water and protein bars; the last mile was hard. Worth it. Views are wonderful.

14 Completed 4 Reviews

Great hike. Beautiful views. Seems to be a pretty popular trail though so you feel somewhat rushed in the fire tower.

6 Completed 8 Reviews

Busy trail. Not much solitude. Good view, but because it's so busy, you feel rushed. Easy parallel parking for an RV. Easy trail head to find.

Person_placeholder

6 Completed 4 Reviews

Great trail! Starts out easy then climbs steady for most of the way. Best views are from the tower.

Support