Chimney Mountain Trail

Indian Lake, NY
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chimney Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile out and back trail located near Indian Lake, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking & rock climbing.

18 Completed 15 Reviews

This is a fun hike. Challenging but not too hard for kids. Lots of cool rocks and things to climb on. I will do it again.

2 Completed 1 Reviews

Hiking this today. Can't wait. Anyone else partaking In this trek??

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This was always my favorite hike to go on when I was a child...I loved the caves, back then they were filled with ice and it was really neat to touch the cold walls in the middle of summer...I wish to do this hike again someday.

Picture?width=50&height=50

3 Completed 3 Reviews

Great trail. It's getting fairly worn in, steep at the end. BE VERY CAREFUL at the top, there are holes, pits and sudden drop offs everywhere. There are caves and they are a lot of fun, but only if you know what you're doing. We usually go up to explore the caves for the day.

Picture?width=50&height=50

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Not too long of a hike with a great payoff. Wonderful views from the top of the surrounding Adirondack region, and there are a bunch of caves that you can explore if you dare! A little chilly with the wind when we went, but we knew that coming in.

Support