Chimney Mountain Trail

#9 of 249 trails in Adirondack Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chimney Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile out and back trail located near Indian Lake, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking & rock climbing.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Anne Conger (115)

8 Completed3 Reviews

Taylor Levesque (131)

5 Completed2 Reviews

Incredible hike. Not very long, but I recommend setting aside plenty of time to explore the caves and climb around. The wildlife is great. We saw a beautiful salamander and walked right up to a deer. Do a lot of exploring. Thx nature.

Kate Logsdon (426)

19 Completed16 Reviews

This is a fun hike. Challenging but not too hard for kids. Lots of cool rocks and things to climb on. I will do it again.

Tom Cocker (57)

2 Completed1 Reviews

Hiking this today. Can't wait. Anyone else partaking In this trek??

Serena Ruzbacki (57)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was always my favorite hike to go on when I was a child...I loved the caves, back then they were filled with ice and it was really neat to touch the cold walls in the middle of summer...I wish to do this hike again someday.

Chris Peters (226)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Great trail. It's getting fairly worn in, steep at the end. BE VERY CAREFUL at the top, there are holes, pits and sudden drop offs everywhere. There are caves and they are a lot of fun, but only if you know what you're doing. We usually go up to explore the caves for the day.

Mike Kats (238)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Not too long of a hike with a great payoff. Wonderful views from the top of the surrounding Adirondack region, and there are a bunch of caves that you can explore if you dare! A little chilly with the wind when we went, but we knew that coming in.

Support