Mount Beacon

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in Beacon Memorial Park
l>
Mount Beacon is a 5.5 mile loop trail located near Beacon, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible from August until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash hiking mountain biking trail running rocky views washed out wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Mike Willis

5 Completed5 Reviews

Great steep trail. Good for running. Good afternoon or morning hike. Only takes a couple hours.

Al Rod

2 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome.

Hannah M.

Reagan LeGrand

2 Completed3 Reviews

Starts with 200 metal stairs then at the top the trail starts. The first whole section is a very steep uphill climb for 1500 ft. Great views of the Hudson,Catskills,Newburgh,Beacon, and NYC. You can continue to the next summit. It's mostly flat until you get to the near end which is pretty rocky but pays off with amazing 360 degree views at the 2nd and final summit! I've done this hike 8 times it is great! Challenging but pays off you should visit Mt Beacon!

Anthony Casanova

8 Completed9 Reviews

We started at 11:15am today, we went up 157 steps up this steel stair case and started a pretty steep ascent that took us two hours to the Fire Tower. It was a very demanding and challenging hike with many steep ascents, the views were all breath taking and very panoramic. The day held up with cloudy skies, that made for a very cool and brisk day. Once we saw the ruins of once a motorized trolley of once past, it was discovered that this sight was a turn of the 21 century ski area before the famous resorts we know today, it had a restaurant and I am sure many of attractions but, it fell on bad economic times and closed in the 70's. We had a great hike and the descent was very hard on our knees. So I recommend that you be in good physical shape to conquer this Summit. the Fire Tower was breath take of the unbelievable view it offered of the Hudson Valley. I high recommend it, to whom ever wishes a great work out.

Peter Figueredo

Juan Molina

1 Completed1 Reviews

Very good workout on Black Friday with my son and daughter.

Angela M Corchado

4 Completed4 Reviews

I did Mount Beacon with my ex-husband, it was my first hiking project for myself, So I led the way. This was a very easy hike, trail blazes where visible. The inclined hike itself made it a challenge, I personally don't recommend it to someone that has bad knees, unless depending on knee support and trekking poles. We made it to the hotel ruins which were awesome, great old pieces of the machinery left which made great pics, views of the town from below were great, finished off at the fire tower for lunch. Very cold day but it was sunny and a great workout!

Linda Suh

Reagan LeGrand

2 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike! Spectacular views on the fire tower on the summit! Pretty steep hike would only recommend for experienced hikers.