Plotter Kill Preserve

Schenectady, NY

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Multiple trails ranging from 1(blue)-6 miles loop(red). Difficulty from easy-moderate. Beautiful streams, step falls and 2 tall waterfalls. Forest views. Great top rope ice climbing in January-Feb.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Courtney Berlin (101)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Dave Nesich (153)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Fantastic trail. Gets very confusing at times so ot attention to the trail markers. If you're willing to decent some steep terrain you can attain some remarkable views of small waterfall valleys that are hard to find anywhere else in the state (take the red trail)

Philip Nettleton (79)

8 Completed2 Reviews

I loved the hike - started on yellow and moved to red. Waterfalls were a trickle, but still quite cool. Trail was steep in spots and we hiked about 6.7 miles - I was pretty tired, but felt great! The trails are marked and if you are "lost" use All Trails app as it plots your path!

Philip Nettleton (79)

8 Completed2 Reviews

Anastasia Morris (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

The view was beautiful. Trail was well maintained. Lots to walk and see.

Zack Granger (184)

4 Completed5 Reviews

Beautiful trail, great adventure! Crossed a couple of river, saw a few waterfalls. Weather was cool and misty but it felt great on the 7 mile hike! Only bummer was the highway being close and the power lines cutting through. All in all a beautiful hike! So glad we have a place like this so close to home

Zack Granger (184)

4 Completed5 Reviews

Justin Martin (82)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Always a good hike, many unmarked and a bunch of marked trails that intertwine with each other . You can easily spend 20 minutes or all day adventuring around . Hands down one of my favorite local places to explore . Only thing that's a con is all the trash that you can find carelessly tossed amongst the beautiful nature. Please keep in mind to take out what you bring in and help keep it beautiful for everyone to enjoy now and in the future (I even carry a bag just to pick up the trash I find as I go along ). gets busy on nice days so parking can get full fast .

Robert P. (131)

Great place for a hike. Very close just around the corner from me. Nice views of waterfalls. Gets a little muddy in some spots great trail for winter or summer.

Luke Mooney (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Fun hike but not marked well along with where it is marked it can be confusing. I could see four or five markers in one spot in all different directions on both sides of the stream.

Support