Tinkers Falls Trail

EASY
#1 of 2 trails in County Forest
Tinkers Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, NY that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

kid friendly birding hiking nature trips snowshoeing walking views waterfall wild flowers
Hide Map

Kristina Poff

13 Completed7 Reviews

Fun hike! Don't forget bug spray!!

Keith Perillo

7 Completed2 Reviews

i like that they made a path up the waterfall now so anyone can get up there. if you do the extended trails this area is not as easy but I find it peaceful at tinker falls

Lauren Lauren Tracy

Christina Russell

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike! My husband and I are avid hikers. We just moved from San Diego California and we're hoping to find a hike that would be challenging and enjoyable. Beautiful waterfall, I can only imagine how pretty it's going to be once spring and summer set in! I would rate this hike an easy-medium. We took the light blue trail, great hike for our first hike in CNY.

Renee Concetta

2 Completed2 Reviews

With my dog, Hiked up the creek instead of the trail, so it was a little more fun. Then went up to hang glider point, 2 miles up hill, a trek, but great view at the top. It was pretty busy on a beautiful March 27, don't know if I would go there on a summer weekend, I bet it's mobbed with people...

Sammy Jennings

3 Completed3 Reviews

Sammy Jennings

3 Completed3 Reviews

Andrew Russell

Becky Munro

Outdoor Adventure Club

3 Completed4 Reviews

Loved the waterfall! Crazy steps, very slippery!

Jenny Tomatillo

8 Completed8 Reviews

Bobbie Sweeting

89 Completed11 Reviews

Karen D.

Maria Paratore

43 Completed1 Reviews

Ok I love this area but please be careful not to get lost when hiking through here. If you are adventurous and go to the right trail you will end up at spruce pond. Everything is marked in blue so the trails have no markings as to their mileage or the fact that they don't come together and bring u back to the falls. Long story short I found this out the hard way. Been hiking for years and never got so lost and in the dark.. So stay to the left trail unless you are starting very early in the morning in very good weather conditions

James Long

8 Completed5 Reviews

Others have said this, so I'm repeating. Timing is important. We went to the falls during a dry spell and there was really no waterfall to speak of, just a drickle. But one could imagine that the spring thaw is pretty awesome.

The steps are steep and would be tough for little kids to manage. I took my 5 year old up, but the 3 year old stayed with mom at the bottom. Lots of people walk their dogs around there. Some dogs are friendlier than others.

It's not really a hike so much as a destination not far from the road, although it's connected to a lot of trails, there if you want a good hike, there is plenty of trail available.

I plan to go again after some good rainfall.

Deborah Pollack

1 Completed1 Reviews

Fun trail to go back behind waterfall. You should definitely hike the extra mile to the hang-glider spot once you get to the top of the falls. It's not well marked to know how to get to that trail though, so here is what you do. At the top of the falls stay to the LEFT of the stream. Look for light blue blazes (if you cross the stream and go up the stairs to the right there are also blue blazes but that is the other part of the North Country trail). Follow the light blue blazes up the hill to the left of the Falls for about a mile and you will get to a gorgeous spot to overlook the valley.

Jorge Hernandez

12 Completed11 Reviews

Last minute decided to see this fall, it was around 6pm and overcast. Light walk towards the fall, in order to go see the fall just have to cross a creek then up a steep bank to the top and walk behind the falls. I think because of the light rain it provided a strong current and flow, so I was very lucky. I try to go on the trail to see the pond on the end of it but the rain made it difficult since I didn’t have rain gear.

Emily Wingenbach

Michael Harriff

1 Completed1 Reviews

Timing is important. There's obviously more water going over the falls after a thaw or during a rainy period. A very easy hike, with a nice view below, behind and above the falls if you walk the stone steps across the creek bed. On the blue blazed trail is a moderate elevation that leads to a hang glider launch overlooking the pond, the nature boardwalk and various farms in the valley below. The view is well worth the extra time.

SallyAnn Bruce

31 Completed27 Reviews

We took our hike back in 2011 in June. The waterfall was beautiful. We continued on up the trail past the waterfall and had a great hike. Came out on the road and walked back to our vehicle.