Chestoa View Loop Trail

Marion, NC
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Chestoa View Loop Trail is a 0.8 mile loop trail located near Burnsville, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Person_placeholder

N/A:

75 Completed 75 Reviews

The views are nice, for sure. Good parking area, and the trail is a good loop. I am always content with the views of the Catawba valley, so I don't hike the trail too much, but it provides a fun exploration opportunity. Be sure to enjoy the Blue Ridge parkway!

Icon_d099fd4402a636378ad8435988fa0ae8

N/A:

14 Completed 8 Reviews

I really like this trail. I like it because it's generally peaceful in the spring and winter (wouldn't dare go in the summer because of the tourists). It's a great view of table rock. I usually use this trail as a running spot, I would rate it as Easy but be careful you don't slip on the leaves. I've seen bears here on more than one occassion as well as deer. I'd recommend this as a good family hike or just stop and check out the view. It's not spectacular to me because it lacks plant variety and water.

Support