Chestoa View Loop Trail

EASY
#5 of 5 trails in Linville Falls
Chestoa View Loop Trail is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Marion, NC that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

0.8 miles Loop
dogs on leash kid friendly hiking forest views
Hide Map

Bill Watson

896 Completed290 Reviews

On an absolutely beautiful and unseasonably cold May day, we found this great place to stop on the BRP for a stretch and view. Chestoa (Cherokee for "rabbit") View overlook and loop trail at milepost 320.8 takes you to a rock walled overlook and a sweeping view from Grandfather Mountain on the left to Table Rock through the trees on the far right. The overlook was built in the mid 40’s, and if you want the full frontal view of Table Rock, hike down the loop trail to the bench and split rail fence. Worth the fifteen to twenty minute stop.

Jason Reiling

79 Completed63 Reviews

Another good little walk for those along the BRP. Make a list and add this one to it. Takes no time at all

Gaia Spirit

22 Completed23 Reviews

Great short hike off the Blue Ridge Pkwy S of Linville Falls. Fantastic views.

Navigator B

80 Completed79 Reviews

The views are nice, for sure. Good parking area, and the trail is a good loop. I am always content with the views of the Catawba valley, so I don't hike the trail too much, but it provides a fun exploration opportunity. Be sure to enjoy the Blue Ridge parkway!

Kriestienn & Penny Lu De Bruyne

16 Completed8 Reviews

I really like this trail. I like it because it's generally peaceful in the spring and winter (wouldn't dare go in the summer because of the tourists). It's a great view of table rock. I usually use this trail as a running spot, I would rate it as Easy but be careful you don't slip on the leaves. I've seen bears here on more than one occassion as well as deer. I'd recommend this as a good family hike or just stop and check out the view. It's not spectacular to me because it lacks plant variety and water.