Three Falls Hike

EASY
#6 of 14 trails in Dupont State Forest
true
Three Falls Hike is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pisgah Forest, NC that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

dog friendly hiking waterfall
Hide Map

Waterfalls, Beautiful River Views, Good Exercise From the parking lot cross the bridge, the trail is on left side of the road just at the end of bridge. Level hiking for most of the way with some short steep sections ( from Triple Falls to High Falls ). Backtrack to the parking lot, the trail to Hooker falls is at the bridge end of the parking lot, a nice level walk to this expansive falls. A good spot for a Picknic, bring your goodies. This area is known as DuPont State Forest, donated to the state by DuPont chemical Co. and has many more trails and waterfalls. I suggest you buy a map of the Forest with all the trails and falls maped out, available at several of the local Brevard - Asheville area outdoor shops.

Kyler Land

7 Completed6 Reviews

Great for families with small children, probably not so much fun for the seasoned hiker. But the waterfalls are beautiful and the trails are very well kept. My favorite was hooker falls.

Brandon Bassler

6 Completed6 Reviews

Really nice views but not as strenuous as I prefer for hiking. There are many trails and mayhaps I just have yet to find the trail for me in the area. I think this would be a perfect area for a large group road trip type thing, but solo I dunno.

Michael McKinney

12 Completed10 Reviews

I hiked this it was ok but i recommend shinning rock but take a map

David Rogers

17 Completed8 Reviews

They are great falls in this area and the hiking is very easy. The waterfalls don't get better than this