Angels Rest Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 158 trails in Mt. Hood National Forest
Angels Rest Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corbett, OR that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly hiking trail running walking forest views rocky
Hide Map

Eastbound I-84 - Take Bridal veil exit # 28. The trailhead is south of the Historic Columbia River Highway, opposite the junction with the interstate access road in Bridal veil. Look for the parking area. Westbound I-84 - Take Ainsworth State Park exit # 35 and follow the Historic Columbia River Hig

Ken R

3 Completed3 Reviews

View: 5 stars I hadn't done Angel's Rest in probably 10 years. I was not prepared for how popular this hike is, even on a Monday morning. Lots of people chugging up and down the Gorge. The shrubs on the side of the trail have grown considerably so the hike is fairly shaded now which is a plus. The view from the top is beautiful, easily a 5 star view however the crowded situation will knock this down a few stars. We wanted to go on to Devil's Rest but couldn't find the trail and had backtracked too far by the time we realized we had to have missed it. The signage could have been better in that regard.

Vincent Calabrese

15 Completed11 Reviews

sorry I was on the wrong hiking page haha. angels rest is overrated and over run with portland basics who think they are being one with nature with there Facebook pictures. if you want a real challenge with less people go 1000 feet higher to devils rest

Vincent Calabrese

15 Completed11 Reviews

best gorge views in my opinion

Autumn Arms

12 Completed13 Reviews

Very very very crowded ..no parking..glass in parking lot I am assuming from breakins this hike is very steep , very beautiful, disappointed with how much garbage , and dog poop bags also dogs off leash it can be tricky at times I think people need to watch their dogs and kids really good here....so worth the climb just breathtaking...thank you to the people who picked up 2 bags of trash and hikes it out

Meredith Waverly

6 Completed4 Reviews

Uphill all the way- and downhill all the way back. 1500 feet elevation gain is no joke. Lots of rock to traverse, my feet definitely are feeling it, as I'm sure my legs will tomorrow. Trail Isn't well marked aside from the trailhead and I wasn't exactly sure besides following others ahead of us where it ended. When you hit the wide open Boulder area, keep going, you're not quite done.

Amanda Amanda Poet

1 Completed1 Reviews

Had a day off on a Tuesday so I decided to go out and adventure when there's fewer people. What a beautiful view and it was for sure worth the uphill struggle. There's so many places you can tuck away at the top to have your own private stunning view of the Gorge.

Christina Wohlers

5 Completed5 Reviews

One of my favorite hikes on the gorge but it is pretty over populated on the weekends. I advise going on a weekday. Very pretty view at the top. Worth the up hill struggle!!

marjolaine richards-deviq

2 Completed2 Reviews

The way up was dificult but doable. The view at the top was amazing and so worth the clime up. I will do it again.

Eric Lindquist

2 Completed2 Reviews

Nice warm day. There were a lot of people there as I expected. I just didn't expect the rude 20-30 year old using short cuts, bumping into me and many others. Oh well it was good views

Maegan Christie

4 Completed4 Reviews

Short and fast! This hike has arguably the best views in the Gorge. A small waterfall distracts you on the way up! Don't stop at the first Boulder area (keep going). Towards the top there is a y in the trail - go left and you are there! A couple moments of bouldering and the amazing view is the reward! While steep and rocky, it's a great hike!

Nolan Hopkins

7 Completed5 Reviews

Great hike! Short and sweet. Great for those days you have a few hours before or after work on a sunny day and want a pretty view and a quiet place and a little exercise. Happy trails!

Rani Carreira

1 Completed1 Reviews

I love this hike. Steep at times and rocky. it's a good challenge that's totally worth it once you make it to the top. just keep making those steps, even if they're small.

Danielle Cruz

3 Completed2 Reviews

Excellent hike. I've seen reviews that call this "easy", which it's not. It's definitely moderate. Please don't bring dogs. I've seen so many dogs here and it's VERY dangerous for them. Bring extra water; you'll need it! I enjoyed the flowers, I believe they were poisonous larkspur and there were purple butterflies all around them. Needless to say, the view from the top is well worth the hike. Walking down is hard because my toes kept hitting the top of my mountain boots and they're still sore. I think a mesh shoe with a sturdy sole would be the best bet for this hike. Loved it and will try Devils loop next.

Ashley Ekstrom

14 Completed14 Reviews

Stacy Dunnihoo

1 Completed1 Reviews

GreT hike but can get pretty crowded!

Hope Meinert

12 Completed12 Reviews

Great hike but a tourist trap get there early

Sarah Edstrom

26 Completed2 Reviews

Gorgeous views all the way to Angels Rest. Definitely worth doing more than once.

Miranda Atwood

6 Completed5 Reviews

Rachel Miller

Jerel Jerel Machuca

2 Completed2 Reviews

Pretty decent hike and easy to get to. More traffic than I prefer but it is to be expected with multnomah falls just down the road. Trail was pretty easy to hike for the most part, mostly dirt trails with a few rocky areas here and there. Beautiful scenery on a clear day. I would hike it again if I didn't feel like driving far, only took about 2.5 hours while taking my time and eating lunch at the top.